Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- reborn from the ashes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

As their minds drifted to create theories, Corrdelia found herself feeling highly amused. The island surely was a mystery, but it had a purpose and these creatures were here somehow. It was an interesting concept if the land was fabricating its creatures on the spot, which really opened her thinking to even wilder possibilities. It might make some sense considering the dragon was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps he only made his appearance to get them to enter the jungle. Was something bigger waiting for them here? Or was there simply something they were meant to find this way?

The pair ducked beneath a fallen log, though Corr nearly missed it being so lost in her head. On her shoulder, Hāsta shook her head and muttered a "watch where you're going!" through their telepathy. The mare just shrugged, thankful she had noticed it in time and avoided getting a bump on her head.

When Asterion explained where he had come from, the story intrigued her. Corr did not know her own leader came through a portal from another world as well. In fact, she couldn't recall anyone else with a similar origin besides her friend Reckitt. That encounter had already opened up the possibilities of alternate dimensions, which was a whole other concept that Corr had yet to fully think about.

The Dusk sovereign seemed distraught at the mention of the gods possibly being behind all this. He certainly had spent more time in Novus than she, so he must know a lot more about them and their habits. Apparently it could be more of a negative thing if the gods were behind it, but it might make more sense than the magic simply appearing. If there was anything Corr was sure of, it was her faith and customs. Back home, her ancestors and spiritual guides never failed her, and they did not do so even being in another world.

"I don't know about your gods, but I wouldn't jump to feeling wary if they were behind this. There is always a reason and a purpose and that doesn't always have to be bad," she began, looking to Asterion with a smile. "The energy is strong here, but I don't sense a dangerous presence… then again, my magic is not quite at the point that it used to. It seemed the portal weakened my abilities and removed some." The crow witch paused, her smile turning to more of a frown, but it didn't last long.

"Think of the possibilities," she went on, the playful expression returning as if a switch had been turned back on. "If you and I were both brought here through a portal, perhaps this island was as well. Not everyone who comes through a portal is bad, right? Unless… you have some hidden agenda we don't know about?"

She stared back up at the strange fruit then and reached up to pick one off a branch. In her mind was Hāsta pleas of not doing anything stupid, but as usual, Corr ignored her. Really, the crow just didn't know how to have fun. Corr took a single bite out of the fruit, the citrus flavors exploding in her mouth unlike anything she had ever tasted before. It seemed very much worth the risk so far.

"I suppose if the gods have a hidden agenda, we'll find out soon enough, eh?" Given Corr's history so far, she had faith in karma and the threefold law. If she could recall correctly, she hadn't wronged anyone in quite some time, so theoretically she should be the last on a list of targets.

"Tell me more about Ravos," she said, taking the last bite of the fruit and feeling eager for a story.

@Asterion I'm not entirely sure where this post was going, but here you are xD

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
reborn from the ashes - by Corrdelia - 06-04-2019, 09:51 PM
RE: reborn from the ashes - by Asterion - 06-05-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: reborn from the ashes - by Random Events - 06-16-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: reborn from the ashes - by Corrdelia - 06-17-2019, 09:49 AM
RE: reborn from the ashes - by Asterion - 06-21-2019, 02:28 PM
RE: reborn from the ashes - by Corrdelia - 06-29-2019, 07:46 PM
RE: reborn from the ashes - by Asterion - 07-04-2019, 11:38 AM
RE: reborn from the ashes - by Corrdelia - 07-07-2019, 11:44 PM