Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- veni, vidi, amavi

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eros

every time you look at me, i see myself in your eyes
As they journey up the path to the temple, Eros can’t help but consider how dissimilar today is from the last, and only, time he’d been to Veneror; it is warm, for one, and bright, even when the sun slips behind the gauzy veil of clouds streaked across the sea-blue sky. The breeze that sweeps up his tail is a far cry from the icy wind that had knifed into his flank two winters ago, and his reason for visiting much, much different. Last he’d been here was to ask Vespera to keep Aion safe—to help them find each other again. Now Eros is here with Aion, his mate—his fiancé—to proclaim his boundless love and marry his best friend.

When Aion had proposed, Eros had finally understood the magic of it, the excitement. How it felt to wish upon a shooting star and watch it come true. He was looking at flower arrangements a few days after when he wondered, guiltily, if that is how Psyche had felt. Had she been excited? Had her heart skipped joyously along in her heart while she decided if baby’s breath or Bouvardia better matched pale pink tulips? Or had she known, all along, there was a chance it wouldn’t work out? There always is, Eros thinks, except for when it’s true love. He’d always believed in the fairytales, just never truly thought one would someday be written of him. And yet he finds himself standing at the mountain peak, Aion at his side, ready to ask Oriens for his blessing in their union. When Aion’s feathers brush his back, he knows the feeling in his chest is the one he’d read about as a boy. It was simply too magical not to be.

He can’t contain the way it swells when Aion steps toward the altar with their matching rings. They are a perfect pair, not merely chosen to go together, but truly made to match—just as Eros believes he and Aion were made for one another. Two halves of one soul. Eros steps forward, then, to present his offering, an excerpt bound and gilded. In gold, “the SYMPOSIUM” is calligraphed across the cover, and perched atop Aristophanes’ speech, a silk bookmark.

Eros can’t contain his smile as Aion offers his gift: a beautiful array of flowers signifying their relationship—signifying Aion’s love for Eros. Tulips, of course, Eros’ favorite flower and a symbol of perfect love, make up the bouquet. Pale pink have always been his favorite, just as are the years they have spent together. As he looks at Aion, at the gentle smile in his eyes as he prepares to present his vows, Eros is certain they will share many more.

Each word is a testament to his love, and to his certainty in their future. Eros can feel tears prick his eyes knowing he’ll never have to be apart from his best friend again. 

“When we were apart, I was so scared. Scared that I wouldn’t find you, scared that I wouldn’t get to say this. You make me feel so safe, so special, so loved. Meeting you changed my outlook on myself, and marrying you is the greatest joy and honor of my life. I will love and treasure you for the rest of time, in both this world and the next. You are my best friend, my soulmate, my forever. I ask Oriens to witness our love and bless our union.”

you and i feel the same
aimless | enfanir

Messages In This Thread
veni, vidi, amavi - by Aion - 06-05-2019, 04:39 PM
RE: veni, vidi, amavi - by Eros - 07-01-2019, 09:28 AM