Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel wasn't impressed. Not by his smirk, not by his general air of being, not by whomever this stallion seemed to think he was. Something about him had already set Bel's hurricane warning siren blaring. He was trouble on the horizon - she was convinced . . . she wasn't sure what had made her decide he was as much trouble as she felt he must be, but that was her immediate take on the oversized stallion.

And really, he was oversized! He made her feel like she was standing next to a whale shark, greatly diminished in comparison. Her dual sets of eyes remained fairly focused on him, for a moment before she'd allowed herself to respond to his less than reassuring introduction. Even as her primary gaze drew away, her attention remained partly on him, watching him with obvious caution. She didn't comment on his lack of having seen either seaweed or seagrass, deeming the bit unworthy conversing on when focusing on the task at hand of the island being a dangerous temptress with a secret worthy a lifetime of looking. When he did comment on another set of eyes and hooves on an adventure, both sets of eyes returned to him once more, watching and calculating, "Well, I'm not foolish enough to turn down help . . . " The glowing mare admitted with a slight nod of her head.

She turned back towards the forest only to tense up at his next words, immediately cutting her eyes towards him, narrowing until only glowing slits of the cyan hue were visible against a grayed, night-darkened face. "I am plenty capable enough on my own to handle anything I come across, may it be monsters of land, or items needed transport. I certainly don't need assistance." She retorted quickly, a slight ice to her tone at the thought of being any but self-reliant. It had been engrained at a very, very early age. You had to rely only on yourself, because in the worst of emergencies, there was only you to take care of yourself before the pod could reform in safety. She didn't need anyone's help during those scenarios of split-up and escape, she certainly didn't need a 'strong, muscular stallion'.

Her shoulders tensed, straightening slightly as she stood taller, her gaze still narrowed into ominous slits as she stared him down, "As it is, I'm not looking for pirates' treasure, or monsters. I'm just intending to fully explore this island and find its' secrets. I have no intentions of locating trouble." She stated strongly, before moving to head into the forest, "If you intend to school together, leave those kind of masochistic thoughts on the beach, and let's go." She added, even as she silently prayed for someone - anyone else to join this unlikely duo on this mission. Both for the additional numbers, and also to hopefully keep the stallion distracted so she had to deal with him less. Barely a few moments in each others' company, and she was already feeling like it would be a long night.

Thoughts
Speech
@Sol Bestiam
Notes: He irritated her, lol. She might be just a tad cranky at the idea of ever having to rely on another for help :P especially a stranger at that. As mentioned before - thread is still open to other participants as well!

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 06-15-2019, 01:32 PM