Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

“Oh, I assure you, I most definitely won’t act like I can’t handle something. Confidence, after all, is likely eighty percent of the success to anything. Act like you can do it, and you shall. I like to imagine I can handle just about anything thrown at me.” Sol chuckled as he listened to her. "I will have to remember that. Confidence is not always my strong suit... Needless to say, I have been through plenty that has shaken it. But I am sure that you are more than capable to handle anything that the world, and this island, throw at you." He replied, feeling very glad that he had met the unusual mare and thoroughly enjoying his time speaking to her.

“Ah, I imagine we’d draw many a second glances . . . . although, I am curious . . . how do you fly with an extra set of wings, I think they’d get in the way of one another.” Sol opened his mouth to speak... then closed it and laughed. "Lots and lots of practice. Trust me... I tied myself into knots that my own parents had trouble sorting out. Best way to explain it, I flap them both together. I lift the fore set a few seconds before the back, but then push down with the back before the fore. I basically use the rear set for power and the fore set for soaring and keeping myself going the right way. " He answered, trying to figure out how to describe the use of each to a mare without wings of her own. It was the first time anyone had asked and the memories of how he had learned was enough to make him struggle not to laugh like a mad man. He had looked like an idiot at the time and was glad that he was competent enough to use the massive wings in a way that didnt make him look dumb. "It is kind of a balancing act. Cant use one set faster than the other really... That is the fastest way to a crash landing that hurts more than I expected."

“I’m grateful. Two angry, flailing sets of hooves are always better than one. And one burn from your set might have them running away before I could even do any damage.” Sol nodded and shot a glance at his hooves as they traversed the forest. They were still lighting small fires as he moved and he felt a pang of frustration. Sometimes he really disliked the fact that he started flames that destroyed a ring of the plant life. Funny... As a youth, he hadnt cared in the slightest that he was damaging the world around him with his scalding hooves. It amused him, particularly in the dark. "I think we would both be able to scare away any that came at us. But it is nice to know that we have each other's backs as we explore." He murmured, his voice just loud enough to be heard over the nighttime noises of the island.

“I’ve explored my whole life . . . where I lived before, the tides I swam through, it was both a way to pass time, and maintain safety. It was just as much about locating something knew as it was finding the safe places in an area, or the places to ignore. After leaving the Pod and heading ashore, my curiosity met a new level. Living primarily beneath the waves, the land is a whole new world to me, I wanted to see it all . . . but I possess a great curiosity, and both the need to explore, and discover had me approaching the island . . . the longer I stay, the more I worry about its’ dangers though . . . .” Sol nodded as he listened, taking care not to trip on a branch that appeared in his path. "I would imagine that the sea was a whole different type of world. I never even learned how to swim, so the idea of being under the waves is pretty foreign. I wonder what my hooves would do under water..." His thoughts veered off as he spoke, his words softening as he once again looked at the golden hooves that flashed in the glow from her coat and the flames being left in the dirt. Would they boil the water or would the water cool them in a way that they hadnt been since he was a foal? Shaking his head, he shoved his focus back to Bel. Why was she so easy to talk to? It was unnerving in ways. "I suppose you deserve to know, since you have been walking with me. I did awful things as a colt. My time at home culminated with an attack on a filly. She and I... we butted heads. I wanted her to become my mate, my queen... She was beautiful and intelligent and so full of life. I had been raised thinking that anything I desired would be mine and had a bit of a temper... The filly turned me down... She laughed in my face..." Sol paused and shook his head, guilt and revulsion at the colt that he had been threatening to overwhelm him. "To say that I had a tempter tantrum would be an understatement. I saw red... I honestly dont even remember the event itself. When I came back to what was going on... she was nearly dead and my sire was shoving me away from her. " That had been the day that he was exiled from the herd that he had been set to rule... The day that his entire world had dissolved and he had to learn how to be a normal stallion and not a complete jerk. "Before you write me off completely and send me on my way, I will let you know that it was over a year ago and I have done everything I could to repent other than go find her. I was banned from ever returning to the herd. I do not lash out in anger and I have a fairly good control on my temper. I have never told anyone that wasnt there that day..." He hastily explained, hoping that she would not push him away too.

“Oh dear, have I forgotten to introduce myself. I am so sorry. Mother raised me better than that, I really do have the manners fitting a damselfish! My name is Below Zero, but please call me Bel. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Sol.” Sol chuckled and nodded. "The pleasure is all mine, milady." He answered, dipping his head in a respectful bow.

@Below Zero
"Speaking."
Notes: Apparently Sol trusts Bel <3

Messages In This Thread
Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Below Zero - 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Dark Secrets or Innocent Sights - by Sol Bestiam - 06-24-2019, 08:53 PM