Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - But first they must catch you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kansassy [PM] Posts: 15 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,595
Inactive Character

I was a lot of things, a mind reader not being one of them. He considered me in the strangest way, ears that seemed far too long for his head twisting here and there. I wondered, could he hear better than I? Before I could ask though, completely ignoring his previous sentiments, he tensed. I could see the way his muscles tightened beneath his skin, as if it were just a blanket draped over bones. His eyes went from far away to sharp and watchful. But why? Why did he suddenly seem so angry? It was disarming and I took a step back, ears slowly coming to rest against my poll as I thought, perhaps approaching a stranger might not have been the best of ideas. Perhaps Isra was right...

And then he was moving, shifting stiffly to stand behind me and I followed him with wide, nervous eyes. What was he doing? My mind seemed to be moving a million miles a minute, conjuring up all manner of horrifying scenarios. The kind you read about in books and trashy novellas. Yet it was not me that his attention was focused upon, no, it was somewhere in the woods, between the trees. On a whim I too turned to face the same direction, listening, waiting. I could hear nothing out of the ordinary. "Uhm, sir... are you okay?" I said, giving him my sights. He did look dreadfully tired, mayhap he was hearing things? Seeing things? Surely Isra would take him in, give him a warm place to sleep, a hot meal... and then I heard it. Just barely, but enough that my stomach dropped to my knees. How could I have missed that? Was I truly so intent on ignorance that I would put myself in danger? With wide eyes I stepped backward, one, two, three, ready to flee on a moments notice.

ooc; @Maximus

Messages In This Thread
But first they must catch you - by Maximus - 06-06-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: But first they must catch you - by Illu - 06-06-2019, 08:01 PM
RE: But first they must catch you - by Maximus - 06-06-2019, 08:18 PM
RE: But first they must catch you - by Illu - 06-06-2019, 08:34 PM
RE: But first they must catch you - by Maximus - 06-07-2019, 05:57 AM
RE: But first they must catch you - by Illu - 06-15-2019, 12:59 PM