Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel couldn't quite tell in any given moment if she should be amused by the vain stallion, or exasperated, as it was she remained fairly centered on the fence between the two, a careful balance of amused tolerance. She grinned at his childish mannerisms, before shaking her head lightly when he commented up something else to dig up and tell stories, "Why do I feel like, if given the ability to do just that, you'd still be digging up haunted bones?" She asked, her amused tone softening her words as she walked the trail, gaze watching the forest around them, before her body seemed to return to it's cautious and ready-for-action posture. She was almost forgetting to be cautious of their surroundings with his joking, and there was always the possibility that this land, this horrible place COULD be all about the digging up of bones and horrifying secrets, "Who knows what is buried in this jungle however, I fear its' not something we want to know." She admitted more seriously.

The topic was returning to seriousness as they spoke about the island, and what might wait. There truly could be anything at the end of the trail - be it a wondrous surprise, or the hungry maw of a monster. The male also appeared to look around, peering through the underbrush as she had, even as he joked about his pelt. She rolled her eyes lightly, gently chastising his concerns. "Now, Coyote, should the despair being met come with hungry eyes and sharp teeth, a marred coat may be the least of your worries. Joking aside, there are dangers in this forest we must be cautious of. A scratch is nothing compared to an escaped soul leaving a dying body." She warned, keeping her voice soft and gentle to ensure he wouldn't take offense to her warning. He seemed to understand though, commenting caution was a good thing, even if not fun and wanting to keep his 'perfect hide' free of blood. She tried not to sigh to heavily, as the vapors wafting off of her spine seemed to cool slightly around her, carrying the air of the sea with her as she walked, "I have no intentions of bloodying myself up either . . . . My kind don't handle being wounded well." It was all she planned to say on the subject, and a part of her was relieved that she didn't have to worry about abandonment for an injury here.

Still they followed the path through the vegetation, the mare stopping at forks to follow the direction of the wind, winding ever deeper, eyes ever cautious and watchful. She had no intentions of being surprised by a creature intent to take them out. When he spoke again, she glanced a slight smile touching her features, "Let's hope this doesn't turn into an array of . . . of obstacles to overcome and enemies to outwit. I'm not as graceful or fast on land, and I don't imagine the island flooding soon - and even if it did, I don't trust the waters surrounding it. They . . . . sing off-key." She didn't know how else to describe the wrongness she felt in the water, the same wrongness of the island. She didn't know what it might be, but as far as she was concerned, she wouldn't trust the island too far, nor this path - even if she followed it to the end . . . she would keep her guard up.

Thoughts
Speech
@Huehuecoyotl, and others free to join in at any time.

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt] - by Below Zero - 06-27-2019, 09:54 PM