Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel snorted lightly, the sound light and playful as she shot him a look that clearly spoke of her inability to believe his faux indignation and shock. Who did he think he was kidding? A fry? He'd be lucky to get a starfish to believe those lies, "Hmmm, yes, suuuure. You totally wouldn't ever do that." She scoffed, shaking her head in amusement, causing the dappling of light coming from the canopy above to sparkle off of the silver hue-ed ram horns adorning her head. "I'm afraid I have a touch of difficulty believing you . . . You seem like the exact sort." She declared with n amused laugh.

But just because they were having fun doesn't mean that she wasn't going to keep an eye on things. It was true that she didn't quite trust this island, even if it had given her a path for her to follow. She glanced at the stallion, a startled shiver running down her spine at the thought of such monsters waiting to pounce, "I'd rather not run into . . . zombie dragons, or sand sharks." She admitted quietly. Or really any other monster they may have to battle it out with. Poor Bel was NO hero, and definitely not a fighter. Her instinct dial was set firmly on flight. So firmly, in fact, it had been pulled to the side and then broken off and forever stuck on the 'get out of dodge as fast as you can and don't look back.'

She glanced towards the male at his quip but felt that he might not be as brave as he'd be pretending. That phrasing as a bit mellow for the sassy stallion she'd been walking with, "Well, I don't know about you, but I have no intentions for that being the fated outcome. We will have to keep our souls held tightly down, no? I have no intention to venture into Davy's locker early." She tried to make it jokingly, but even her words lacked their normal luster at the sudden darkness the two were feeling.

When he spoke in reference to her species not handling wounds, she glanced at him momentarily, before speaking softly, "My species believe any wound is too dangerous for the wounded individual to remain with the pod. The wounded are left behind to fight their own battle so the pod might continue to survive. So my people don't handle wounds at all." Her words were dead, her eyes were dead, her ears pinned, and her voice held no emotion: all signs of being forced to be part of the pod that had done this to someone who she would forever mourn. Her sister's cries haunted her on windy nights, and in truth, Bel refused to let herself forget those final moments either. She would suffer the memories, after all, she had willingly walked away from her little sister with the others.

She glanced again towards him, a little bit of amusement returning to her gaze as she shook of the heaviness their conversation had introduced, instead trying to let the playfulness of earlier return. It was less tense at the very least, "Oh, do you speak of experience? Tell me, Coyote, do you sing a tune of your own? Is that one aspect of you not as perfect as you play pretend to be? Perhaps we should carry a tune now to ward off the darkness? I'll let you sing the first few bars, even!" She offered, the last of the shadows disappearing as her muzzle turned up slightly in a smile.

Thoughts
Speech
@Huehuecoyotl, and others free to join in at any time.

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt] - by Below Zero - 07-28-2019, 08:56 PM