Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel tilted her head easily as she took in the male's innocent smile, her expression making it perfectly clear that it wasn't going to fool her one bit. Of course, he couldn't pull the innocent act for long before he broke into laughter, and Bel had to crack her own smile at that, shaking her head, before he gathered himself enough to declare no Zombie Sharks to be had. Not tonight, at least. Bel's muzzle twisted in a playfully amused smirk, "Well, of course you wouldn't want to swim with zombie sharks. One good chomp and you'd be the swimming undead - and all that came with that. You know, the rotting flesh, the decomposing muscle, the missing bunches of hair. You'd give yourself a heart attack." She couldn't help but tease, dissolving into giggles over the idea. Of course, at this moment he seemed to have never heard of sand sharks . . . and that was another anemone of clown fish all together.

Her smirk deepened briefly when he seemed to freak out at the idea of mutant sharks made of sand, before her features shifted into earnest honesty - dual sets of eyes wide and sincere, "Oh yes, no one told you about sand sharks yet? They're absolutely horrible! They're not just made of sand, but because they're made of sand they can swim onto land too - but only in the sand. So if you see a shark in the shallows, best stay off the beach all together. You never know if there's more in the sands too!" She instructed with innocent seriousness - before finally grinning, "I'm kidding of course - Sand Sharks are a type of shark that wait at the bottom of the ocean - they have markings that look like sand so it's easy to catch prey." She explained with a laugh, smiling innocently as if she hadn't just played up his fear of an unknown killer mutant shark.

He was amusing, for sure; and Bel had no objection to keeping amusing company. His sage nod had another collection of twittering giggles leaving her, the strength of them intensified by his comment of souls not meant to be stolen, or wandering - and that they should lock them up solidly. She tilted her head, before laughing with a shake of her head, "And do you have any suggestions on how one locks up their soul? That doesn't sound like the kind of gossip you'll find in the reef." She declared with a grin, "And I have a feeling Davy Jones wouldn't want such information to get out either!"

The topic turned a bit more sore when the topic of her pod and how wounded were treated came up, and she kept herself held together, bottling up the pain, and regret and burying it in the very center of her being - out of reach even if it muted her emotions in general for the topic. Painful was the only words to explain it. At his words, she turned towards him and allowed a faint smile to touch her face, "Oh, if there's fire involved, I'm definitely hiding behind you." She managed, relieved for his efforts to cheer her back up, "In return, I'll have to make sure your 'fabulous self' doesn't get too destroyed, your imaginary fans will flood the oceans with tears!" She teased with a grin.

When singing came to be the next topic, she was amused by his sudden flopping at her calling his bluff - is this what a horse would look like if they were a fish out of water? She grinned innocently, eyes sparkling with mirth (forgetting for now the previous topic), "Oh, but think - singing would be a lovely way to pass the time!" She pretended to pout, even as she continued on, grinning and laughter trailing behind her, "If you're that bad at it, we'll just say you were taught to sing by a tone-deaf whale! No worries!" She shook her head as her laughter calmed down and she nodded, "But yes, we'll explore and keep each other out of trouble. We'll make it out with our fins intact!"

"Bel"
Yukime
@Huehuecoyotl, and also tagging @
Notes:: it looks like according to the random event on the first page there should be a follow up post to the RE? Just in case - since we're wrapping the thread up xP

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: In which Time is Learned [Relic Hunt] - by Below Zero - 12-06-2019, 04:03 PM