Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - not touching, but joined in astonishment [relic hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

It was a call of constant lure, a siren beckoning, a lighthouse leading her home. But it wasn't home, it was an odd island of mystery and chaos. Nothing about it would make the young aqua-equine think of the polar caps of home, the frozen salt-water and the barren icesheets. Nor was it anything like the stories of the planet her species had once supposedly called home. There was no sense of familiarity, and yet she continued to return, time and time again. She couldn't stay away, she couldn't hold back, she could keep a distance. She returned. She returned with out fear, with determination, with haste. And each time she stepped back on the sand, she was filled with the knowledge that there were secrets buried to the core to the island, that it's secrets ran deeper than any roots the trees could place, higher than any of the odd birds could fly, all around them . . . the island itself seemed to just be a big and beautiful casing for the secret of all secrets.

Wasn't that what the others felt the relic tucked with in the forest, hidden on the island, was? Nothing but a secret, a prize; to be found? Unburied from the island that held it claim. There was still much of that particular issue (and the pantheon it was attached to) that had Bel confused, far too new to the island for the kind of knowledge necessary to make sense of it all. Her gaze traveled over the abundance of creatures that had already flocked to the island, and once again she was reminded why she preferred to travel by night, when the crowd thinned out and she could survey the island with out worry, her glow lighting her footsteps like daylight.

As she glanced around her eyes focused on a form staring out at the sea, and curiosity slowly started to build up. She pauses for just a moment before approaching the stranger curiously, watching her survey the water that never failed to look inviting for the maritime horse. Moving with far more grace and poise than typically seen by land side, the treader made her way across the sand - once again grateful for the familiar footing the island shore provided. She moved slowly, allowing her reflecting to be seen in the water so as to not startle the other, even if the reflection looked a touch odd. Between the curved silver of her horns, the long dorsal fin down her back, and the dual set of eyes, it was easy to notice the fluke tail second and the vapors trailing off of her spine, and back of her limbs last if at all.

Her gaze has moved from the other and onto the water, her voice soft, "It seems so odd, so different, although it's just the same as the rest of the sea . . . but I can't shake the feeling of wrongness I get from it." She stated conversationally, even as she moved so her front limbs where in the sea she spoke of, her body visibly seeming to relax as the water touched it and swirled around her lower limbs, just high enough to wet the fine fur above her hooves. "I keep pondering on if there's anything that would make swimming in it unsafe but have yet to brave diving deep into it. I'm built for speed in water, not so much attacking power." She humored, before finally turning to the young mare at her side, a kind smile on her alien face, her two sets of eyes glinting playfully and kindly, "My name is Below Zero, but call me Bel." She added in introduction.

Thoughts
Speech
@Apolonia @

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: not touching, but joined in astonishment [relic hunt] - by Below Zero - 06-18-2019, 10:38 PM