Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - not touching, but joined in astonishment [relic hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

The time had been passing peacefully between the two mares, one happily telling the stories of her heritage to the younger. But this story teller hadn't been aware of what was watching from the shades of the island. It was true she felt the island was as dangerous as any dagger filled mouth of the deeps, all serrated edges and eager to take large, large bites. But unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately - Bel had allowed herself to get distracted by the conversation and company . . . she never saw the first pair of eyes watching from the leafy distance. She didn't see the second one join in, or even the next couple of dozen that seemed to wait and watch, and watch some more.

As the duo turned to walk, however, it appeared that the biggest, and most dangerous set of eyes started across the sand. Bel barely noticed them, but upon doing so the female froze, her body going suddenly still as she stared fully onto the eyes approaching them. Just eyes. Nothing else. No body, no legs, no head, no mou- Her eyes widened even more as a mouth did tear into view, one filled with fangs. The instinct with in the aquatic mare was almost instantaneous, as she reared up suddenly, her tail splaying out instantly in an act of balance and a sound that was only a quarter whinney, and three quarters dolphin-esque cries; tore from her muzzle. Both sets of her eyes had slitted, looking more reptilian, as she stroke at the air between she (and her companion), and the fanged eyes approaching. She landed with a solid clap again, shifting her body instinctively between the younger mare she was keeping company with and the unknown fanged features, her head arched with those protective ram horns angled perfectly between them and the eyes, and her voice left her in a higher quality, more sea-like as her gills flared with an unspoken desire to dive into the depths that surely most be safer than this island, "I believe this is a sign for us to take our story-telling to the main land." The tones were definitely high, and a few of the vowels had an almost cree-ing sound of them that matched the dolphin-like speech patterns of before. As the eyes seemed to disappear for now (shortly followed by the fangs), Bel was already moving, glancing to her companion in hopes O would agree that the island wasn't safe for the time being. Bel was already planning to take to the waters after this, a few hours beneath the calming waves was just what she needed.

Thoughts
Speech
@Apolonia -- Notes:// I'm gonna go ahead and count this as Bel's last response, if you wanna follow up if you choose so, we can otherwise officially call this thread done :D

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: not touching, but joined in astonishment [relic hunt] - by Below Zero - 07-28-2019, 08:30 PM