Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
The little female moved smoothly through the forest, her eyes trained on the world that she was moving through, following tiny trails that well-trained eyes picked out from the subtle tread down grass, a broken limb on a bush, tuff of fur tangled in a low brush. Little signs that marked previous travel, and it was these unknown paths that the tiny doe was intent to follow, not the well placed constantly seen ones that others seemed to take. A well-trekked path usually lost all hints and clues that might be found, and would usually lead you to tourist-trap like locations. Following the game trails and more hidden paths as Cally was doing now, those were the ones that would surprise you . . . and she wanted to find good surprises.

The voice suddenly echoing in the air was not what the little doe was expecting as a surprise though, and she froze at the ringing out hello. The voice seemed sweet enough, but Cally's ears pinned at the touch of warning in the under-currents. Slowly the little doe cautiously broke free from the brush. One hoof first, cloven and dew claws prominent and followed by her deer-ish face poking free, unicorn horn gleaming in a ray of sunlight, as the small deer antlers tucked on the inside of her dual set of ears matching the unicorn horn's dark brown hue. Green eyes turned towards the mare, and her eyes soon lit on the quiver and bow the mare carried.

Instantly any greeting was forgotten as the little half deer-half horse hybrid broke free of the rest of the bush, shaking off her ten hand height as she stared at the mare in shock and delight, "You have a bow and quiver!" Her delighted cry might not be normal for one who has a glowing arrow ready to be strung on a bow and aimed her way, but Cally was hardly focusing on that, "You must tell me where you can get one! Oh, I beg of you! Mine got left on the wrong-side of the portal thing that brought me here." She paused then, her features dropping slightly in the level of delight it showed, clearly remembering that horrible portal, "That portal left a good deal on the wrong side of it, at least." And she wasn't to pleased with what it'd done to her either. Transformations. Horrid mutilation of her own magic, ripped from her and locked out of her reach. Occasionally she could feel it's hum, as if it was trying to break free to do what she wished of it again, but when ever she tried to reach out to that nature-based ability, it was always just too far out of reach.

Suddenly Cally's expression cleared again as she stared up at the stranger, "Oh dear, forgive my manners. My name is Callynite, but I prefer Cally. I'm not usually so . . . rude in initial greetings, your bow startled me." Cally apologized and introduced herself in the same breath, dipping her head lightly in greeting, her little doe tail lowering itself from where it had rose with her earlier excitement. The little doe then glanced at the mare curiously that slowly turns more cautious as she realized the arrow is indeed glowing as if needed, and she managed an almost awkward laugh as she added once more, "Ah, and please, don't shoot me. I'm just your normal dr- erm, wayward explorer." She visibly flinches as the words were cut off in mid-speech, another violent reminder of what that portal had done to her, trapping her magic and cutting her off from her druid-path. The flinch had momentarily introduced the flicker of despair at her situation before the slate was wiped clean again and she a friendly smile in place once more. She had company, no point in thinking on what was lost and losing her thoughts into that depressive state . . . she was better than that anyways. She had to find a way home somehow.

"Speech"
@isra

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Isra - 06-19-2019, 10:47 PM
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Callynite - 06-20-2019, 10:38 AM
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Isra - 06-23-2019, 08:29 PM
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 12:40 PM
RE: Let's find some stuff! [Relic Hunt] - by Isra - 07-29-2019, 11:16 PM