Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - there are no false alarms [Open to Scarab]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 45 — Threads: 5
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Run together, like birds of a feather
We howl like wild beasts

There was an audible ’click’ as the door unlocked, followed immediately by the handle twisting and the door swinging open. Erd immediately moved back as far from the door as he could manage, his hip bumping against one of the small tables on the opposite side of the room. He held his breath, watching as a gold and flaxen male lingered in the doorway, seeming momentarily surprised to see him there before an odd look overtook the stranger’s face.

Erd’s eyes narrowed, his lips pulling back into a deep frown. Every breath left him in a rapid rush, the feverish depths of his vivid blue eyes not leaving the golden stranger for a single moment. Who was he? What did he want? Yet the man spoke, his voice all smooth velvet and casual confidence, but it did not soothe the warlock’s fears.

There was a moment of hesitation, a physical manifestation of his indecision that stole across his face. Erd didn’t know how to respond. Oh, he wanted to lash out angrily and demand answers for whatever injustice had been committed against him, but without his magic what source of serious threat would he be? None. His heart racing in his chest, his pulse pounding, the silver youth slowly opened his mouth to speak.

“I don’t know,” he answered honestly with a delicate softness, glancing feverishly around the room before focusing on the golden man, keen turquoise eyes spotting the flash of a blade at the stranger’s hip, “I don’t even know where ’here’ is. A w-woman brought me here, pretending like she was hurt.” … But she hadn’t been hurt. She had been fine, and once more Erd’s bleeding heart had gotten him into a terrible, no good situation.

What a horrible woman she must be to take advantage of such heartfelt concern and manipulate him in such a way. Erd hoped that he never saw her again.

Feeling very much like a frightened fawn standing before a hungry wolf, Erd tried to be brave. His legs shook, giving away everything. “There’s been a misunderstanding, sir. I don’t think I’m supposed to be here…”

A hand of ice gripped his heart and Erd felt as though he had been submerged in freezing water. Brave and serious as he had been trying to be, nothing could stop the look of realization, the feeling of profound terror and heartstopping dread that swept over him. His expression changed, mouth parting, eyes widening, heart racing almost painfully within his chest. A sheen of sweat immediately broke out across his skin, and as he held the stranger’s icy gaze, Erd unknowingly began to shake his head. “D-did… Did V-Vreis send you?”

No. No, please no. They were safe here from him. Vreis could not get them, not here, not in Novus. They were safe. Marisol and Theodosia had promised that they would be safe here and that Vreis would never find them. He couldn’t get here. This was a different world... But what if he had?

"Speaking."
art | bg

@August

Messages In This Thread
RE: there are no false alarms [Open to Scarab] - by August - 06-20-2019, 10:00 AM
RE: there are no false alarms [Open to Scarab] - by Erd - 06-24-2019, 05:54 AM
RE: there are no false alarms [Open to Scarab] - by Aghavni - 07-04-2019, 01:43 PM
RE: there are no false alarms [Open to Scarab] - by August - 07-06-2019, 02:08 PM