Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Enjoying the Shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

“Well, last fall two pages were murdered. Moore and Casper. Not only that, they were eaten, their bodies left in the forest. No sign of the monster has been seen since, although… there are stories… I’ve heard that on moonless nights, when the hour is darkest, a deathly hush falls across the Viride… and then a groaning cry fills the forest from every direction, rising from the earth itself like a wicked fog.” Sol listened to the words from the smaller ebony stallion with a grimace. Eaten and murdered... That put a whole new spin on what rumors he had heard since arriving. When Mateo started speaking like a ghost story, Sol licked his lips and fought back a chuckle. Gruesome tended to make him uneasy... Ghost stories always amused him. "Perhaps the groaning means that those that he has eaten dont agree with being eaten... Maybe he has indigestion..." He quipped without thinking, shaking his head when he realized that he had spoken aloud. "Sorry. I am not one to be frightened easily." He laughed softly, flipping his mostly black mane.

“Anyway, the beast has not been caught yet. Obviously. Citizens are supposed to travel in groups of three or more, and the borders are supposed to be closed, but… everyone is getting lazy, I think. Comfortable.” Sol nodded as he listened. That tended to happen when things dragged out without much incident. Of course, being that it was currently spring and the world was once again warming and active... perhaps this creature would strike again. Winter tended to be a sleepy time of year with many creatures not venturing out unless absolutely necessary. "Hard not to hope that being comfortable in your borders will not result in worse events as the days warm. Spring is here and the world is waking from the winter slumber." Sol's words were musing as they left his lips, the rich velvet of his voice seeming to echo for a moment before dissipating. Frowning at the forest, he shook his head and focused back upon Mateo.

“Nice to meet you, Sol. I’m Mateo. Whenever I don’t know where I’m headed, I end up at the library.” Sol nodded his head as he listened, then paused. "Library?" He asked without thought. He hadnt explored or even spoken to many others, so there were things that still surprised him. Being as large and intimidating as he seemed to be, it often surprised others that he enjoyed quiet places and learning new things.

“So, where do you come from? Where are you going? Or is this as far as you had planned?” Sol flicked an ear and would have raised an eyebrow at the onslaught of questions. "One question at a time..." He snorted with amusement before considering the questions. "I came from well outside of Novus. I honestly dont even remember how long I traveled before landing here. Where am I going... I dont really have an ending. I have been wandering around to try to get a feel for the land and places that others live. I havent really planned anything, just mostly going with the flow and seeing where life takes me for a bit." He answered each one honestly and without rambling too much, eying Mateo for a moment. "What about you? What are your plans for the day?"

@ Mateo
"Speaking."
Notes: No worries love <3 RL has had me running in circles lately

Messages In This Thread
Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 06-20-2019, 04:32 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 06-27-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 06-29-2019, 12:30 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 07-01-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 07-07-2019, 05:37 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 07-19-2019, 09:00 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 07-31-2019, 06:41 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 08-06-2019, 11:05 PM