Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Enjoying the Shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

Indigestion…

The little pegasus frowns as he thinks about it. Could it be? It would have to be some truly terrifying indigestion, to make such a sound. Maybe– “Sorry. I am not one to be frightened easily.

Oh. It was a joke! Mateo sees it now and he laughs a moment too late, a sheepish I-knew-it-was-a-joke-of-course-it-was-a-joke laugh. It was a funny thing to say, truly. The boy simply feels foolish for taking the words so seriously.

Wait. You’ve… never been to the library?” He blinks dumbly. There were citizens of Novus who had been to Delumine’s library without ever stepping foot in Dawn Court. It was a huge draw for denizens of all courts, or at least it was before the borders were closed. “Why you have to! It is the star of Delumine, perhaps all of Novus!” He did not lack a flair for drama, when it came to the one thing in the world he was most proud of.

Some people could toss themselves into the wind and let it take them where it may. Mateo was not that kind of creature. It was not that he lacked faith (the mere suggestion of that is one of few things that could provoke a fight in him) he simply liked order. He liked knowing where he was, where he was going, and what he was doing there. He set deep roots, for a pegasus.

Well I have scribe duties soon.” He glances at the shadows, growing longer. “Very soon.” In fact he would probably be late, but he isn’t too concerned about it. Mateo was a diligent worker who often put in more time than his duties necessitated, and as a result he could push the rules a little, now and then (and again and again and– just one more time? and–) “After that I’ll mosey about the tavern or fly about until a song comes to me.” It was a simple life, surely not as adventurous as Sol Bestiam’s, but it was his.

- - -
@Sol Bestiam
art

Messages In This Thread
Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 06-20-2019, 04:32 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 06-27-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 06-29-2019, 12:30 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 07-01-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 07-07-2019, 05:37 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 07-19-2019, 09:00 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Sol Bestiam - 07-31-2019, 06:41 PM
RE: Enjoying the Shadows - by Mateo - 08-06-2019, 11:05 PM