Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - there's a moon in me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 44 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Charlie is disappointed to leave behind the ship. It is the greatest thing she has seen in her life (and she has seen a surprising amount of things, considering her taste for adventure), and the filly knows she will dream of ships that grand when she goes to sleep at night.

”Be careful!” comes the shocked sound of Indy’s voice, reminding Charlie of their new mission and bringing her focus back to the now. She narrowly avoids missing the strangely shaped tree, which looks like it has been sat upon by some great beast and bent at an awkward angle. Her vermillion eyes widen as she teeters around it, throwing open her wings to keep her balance. “Woah…” her voice is hushed in awe.

“Do ya think it grew like that, Indy?” Charlie wonders aloud, glancing upwards toward where her bonded rests on her poll. Not that she can see her, with her wild mess of forelock in the way. ”I dunno, maybe. Maybe it’s cursed,” the fledgling osprey’s voice is almost conspiratorial, but Charlie only scoffs. “Curses don’ scare me, and none of the weird things on this island neither.”

She puffs out her chest and scrunches her face into what she believes is some sort of brave, serious expression. “Come on, let’s go,” if there is anything exciting at all to be found, Charlie is determined to be the one to discover it. As a Pirate in training, this is exactly the kind of thing she loves to be doing. Forget staying home with all the other foals, doing dumb boring things like playing tag or coloring.

Nope, the great big wide world is where Charlie wants to be.

Nothing could be better than this: Charlie, her best mate Indy and someplace new to explore. She picks up her pace until her and Indy are weaving through the trees, the weird ones with not-leaves on them that she’s seen pictures of. There’s a coating of the things on the ground, and it makes her steps very quiet as she trots along, eyes darting every which way.

”If we can’t hear you move, does that mean we can’t hear the beasts move either?” Indy says, golden eyes wide. “I’m not afraid of no beast, Indy. I'm smarter than anything we’ll see out here,” Charlie says, ruffling the feathers of her wings, “‘sides, why do you think something’s hunting us anyway?”

”Maybe because of the shadow that keeps going by.”

Charlie stops, tipping her head back to look upwards. It’s hard to see through the trees consider she is so much smaller than all of them, but then she sees it: some shape passing way high up above them, over the trees. Her curiousity gets the better of her, of course, and she begins to follow it. ”Charlie, don’ follow it!” Indy scrabbles more tightly to her bondmate as she begins to charge through the trees. “Shh, I’ll be careful.”

”You always say that.”

“And I always mean it, okay?” Charlie says all hushed-like. Ahead, she can just barely see a break in the trees and begins to slow. The filly creeps closer, hugging the trunks of the trees until she is standing barely at the edge of the clearing. The first thing she sees is the big sharp rocks sticking up out of the ground, surrounding a small pool of water with some sort of smoke or fog coming out of it. “Cool,” she mutters, emerging from the shadow of the trees.

The unmistakable sound of beating wings draws her attention away from the pool and her excitement cranks up a few notches at the sight of the silvery woman with the white-white hair. She bounds forward, “Hey! How did you get here faster than I did…?” her eyes brighten, “Did you bring your ship, can I see it again? Please?”

But once Charlie gets close enough to see the details she can tell they are not quite right. The stripes aren’t quite the same, and the biggest is the lack of pointy spines on her back. Those had been cool, it made Charlie wish she had sharp pointy bits on her, too. Then nobody would ever dare mess with her.

“Wait you're not who I thought... sorry 'bout that,” she shrugs a little bit and sort of cocks one wing. “My name is Charlie, and this is my best mate Indy,” the filly says, flicking her eyes upward to indicate the young osprey nestled in her mane. Indy, however, isn’t quite as keen to make new friends of these strangers. She narrows her eyes, especially at the big freaky bird. ”I dunno about this, Charlie,” Indy says slowly.

"Speaking."

@Seraphina Charlie is here to confuse half-siblings and fight some beasts
credits

[Image: 13222742_95oVYzdeR5MVhK5.png]
you and i, we're pioneers
we make our own rules

Messages In This Thread
there's a moon in me - by Seraphina - 06-22-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: there's a moon in me - by Charlotte - 07-20-2019, 11:23 AM
RE: there's a moon in me - by Random Events - 07-21-2019, 11:02 PM
RE: there's a moon in me - by Seraphina - 08-07-2019, 01:14 PM