Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - there's a moon in me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

A Random Event Has Occurred!

Seraphina’s eyes do not mislead her. There is something waiting below the mouth of the pool with the jagged stone teeth. Perhaps the pool is a doorway to another part of the island (to something beyond the island) and something is knocking, waiting, preparing to come in.

Maybe it was only waiting for an audience; they are the first of their kind to arrive here, at this clearing in the forest. Now the water begins to bubble and churn and the mist coils like a hurricane.

A shape converges out of the water and mist. It is more form than substance; the impression is like a body pressed against the back of a waterfall, fluid and moving. It looks something like a horse, but a vague approximation: the legs and neck are too long, the head too angular. Whatever magic has made it provides no detail but a dimple where its eyes would be, but nevertheless it is clear it sees them, and it pins its gaze upon them.

Then it steps forward without so much as a ripple of the water, its edges forming and unforming like the surface of the sun. Water-bugs and minnows dart away from its shadow but its attention is not on them; it does not waver from the woman and the girl, who themselves look as though they might be made of mist.

When it is only a breath away, when it stands at the very edge of the shore, it opens its mouth (or where a mouth might be, if it were something more than a vision made of water and light). Whatever it says, its expression suggests it out to be words the horses understand; the shapes are clearly intentional, though no sound emerges. Even the forest around them is mute. There is only this message —

And then the creature dissolves into mist and the mist dissolves into nothing and all the insects commence at once.

@Seraphina was right to think she saw something in the water, but it is not a thing content to be seen by only one pair of eyes. So it waits until @Charlotte joins her. Only then does it become something more (but it is more?). The form the mist makes lasts only a moment, but maybe it is a moment just long enough for them to discover a fresh mystery.

Each participant will be awarded +300 signos for encountering a Random Event! How you reply is up to you; feel free to NPC the mist, and whatever message they think they might have heard/seen (or nothing at all).

Enjoy!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Messages In This Thread
there's a moon in me - by Seraphina - 06-22-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: there's a moon in me - by Charlotte - 07-20-2019, 11:23 AM
RE: there's a moon in me - by Random Events - 07-21-2019, 11:02 PM
RE: there's a moon in me - by Seraphina - 08-07-2019, 01:14 PM