Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

There was something off about this stallion, something about the way he stood there staring her down. Something about the way he watched, the way he seemed so keen . . . she felt like a small fry in front of a large predator . . . yes, that was it, it was the feeling of being stared at by a shark as if it was trying to decide if it was hungry enough to have to go into chase. She prayed she was wrong, that this . . . odd . . . large-fanged . . . rugged . . . . heavily decomposed . . . . thing wasn't a predator after a pound of flesh. He could definitely fit the part. Oh, for the breath of Poseidon, what if he was a zombie and she was the next creature he'd devour the brain of! She wouldn't taste very good, surely too salty! Maybe she should mention that to fend him off.

Still he seemed intrigued to a level, though Bel was far to lost in the worries that she had predator on her fin to think he might be after anything else. Perhaps it was her innocence, her naivety, or her lack of knowledge of other land-based horses and their beliefs, behaviors, and actions; but she feared she was facing down a shark . . . she just was assuming it was the wrong kind of shark. His voice came out as a coo as he seemed to take a step towards her, steps slow, gentle, as if being cautious of alarming her. Her eyes still watching him clearly, or at least the foremost set, the smaller set was still keeping a scan on the world surrounding them, aware of the dangers this forest offered in, of itself. At the moment she still considered it to be the greater danger.

He then spoke reassuringly, informing he was most certainly not a zombie, just a poor fool who'd been mistreated. Perhaps it was those words that had the mare narrowing her eyes ever so faintly. Sure he looked to be roughed up, but it was rarely the world who mistreated the individual without cause. Things typically had a cause and effect. Let a shark get too close to you, you lose a fin. Let an orca with in chewing distance, you lost a limb, let the herd decide your sister was a health hazard, be forced to leave her behind. Everything had a cause, and any cause that led to his appearance likely wasn't from a 'sad mistreatment' from the world. She hesitated for a moment, asking in a quick rush of breath, "Wait, what happened to be so . . . mistreated." Perhaps the story would lead her to an explanation of his appearance.

He continued to reassure however, as she carefully continued to bite her tongue, even as more questions seemed to cycle through her head. Wouldn't harm a mouse, let alone eat the flesh of a beautiful creature like she. Her frown deepened slightly as she tilted her head to the side, noting his previous use of the term precious either. She wasn't the sort to have had fanciful words directed her way, not since her own time with her species. A few had flirted in hopes of a bond to be form, but Bel's heart belonged to the sea, and to the adventures and discoveries exploring could lend to - and the stories she'd share over what her finds had been.

She wasn't sure what his angle might be, why he seemed to feel that delicate words would be needed to draw her in. His words continued, calling her sweet Bel this time, speaking of not being long for the world and asking permission to use her common nickname. She nodded once, the motion halting and hesitant even as she kept her fore-eyes locked on him. Another step had been made at some point, leaving him closer again than before, when had he moved? His eyes bore into her, as he seemed to finally give a clue to what he wanted, speaking of a relic that would likely be the only item to save him.

She was still silent, her gaze sweeping over him, judging his words as much as his actions, and her own uncertainty in the situation she found herself in. She didn't know this stallion, she didn't know his story, only what he deemed to share. He wanted his health returned, thinking this relic would do it. He wanted her help, that was certain. But why her, why should she help. She wasn't even after the relic, she was after the real secret of the island, out to discover the reason, the cause of the heaviness and discomfort it gave to her and others' she'd spoken to.

Bel shifted, one limb to the other as she eyed the male, trying to figure out what to say, how to say it with out turning it into another rambling of chaotic, de-railed trains of thoughts. The hoard of words weren't to be saved and tucked back, however, and before long they were falling from her muzzle in serenade fitting the sea, "Why do you think the relic would help? What is so special about this relic. I'm afraid I know nothing about it, my time on the island has been spent on another matter. There are darker secrets buried in the sands of this place, and I'm after what those might be. The relic seems to be more of a distraction than anything else, drawing the attention away from the real dangers of this island. You're more likely to succumb to the beasts, the predators of this land, than to find the fabled artifact." Her words were less of rambling embarrassment, but still rambling none-the-less.

She suddenly remembered his earlier words before, and this time her eyes finally did relax a touch, her breath escaping her in a soft, fluttering sigh, "Oh bless the luck starfish, thank goodness! I was so worried you were a zombie! I was trying to figure out how to convince you I'd be to salty to eat anyway. Or at least I would assume I would be, being a creature of the oceans and saltwater. It's the only thing I could think of, anyway to convince a zombie not to eat me!" She gushed in obvious relief, shaking her head lightly, before frowning, "And you can of course call me Bel, everyone does. But you don't need to call me precious or sweet or anything. That's just odd." She added, before tilting her head and glancing at him again, "And I'd still recommend not chasing the artifact of this island. Perhaps you should talk to a healer? I know of one in Dawn Court! His name is Lasair, and he's really, really smart about healing and stuff. He might be able to help you?" She offered as another choice, her eyes earnest and sincere. It would help him, and keep him safer from the darkness this island hid. A darkness not even her nightly glow could shed light on.

Thoughts
Speech
@'Vincent' @
She can't quite decide what to make of him. Her rambling is a bit better, but still there. So she's relaxing a touch. :)

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt] - by Vincent - 06-26-2019, 06:35 AM
RE: well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt] - by Vincent - 06-29-2019, 11:39 PM
RE: well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt] - by Below Zero - 06-30-2019, 12:45 AM
RE: well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt] - by Vincent - 07-02-2019, 07:18 PM