Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

The air had shifted, a certain breeze to it, a growing coldness that might create a shiver in some, but to Bel she seemed to relax in the cold. It wasn't polar ice-caps, but it was far closer to the coldness of home then she thought she would ever feel. Instantly the vapors around her body dropped a few more degrees as if pitching the weather that much cooler to a temperature that felt more natural and far more homely than the heat the island had had for so long. She closes her eyes briefly as she lets the breeze draw her in, a soft smile touching her features as the cold to it drops even more to where her own vapors suddenly shift in temperature. Suddenly she's shrouded with hot vapors against an arctic breeze, creating a misted condensation and in that moment she feels more like herself than she had been since leaving the arctic. This was a feeling of home, this was a feeling of who she was meant to be. This was what she'd wanted and didn't know she'd been lacking.

The leaves shaking and the floor humming beneath her hooves draws her back from her thoughts, eyes opening as she tilts hear head towards the sound, curious to see what the island would bring. She'd seen it create a path for her once before, perhaps it would do so again? She seems to wait patiently before a rabbit scurries from the brush, and stares at them. Birds soon follow, and with them Bel seems to relax more. They're not running from what ever is approaching, and taking comfort in the arctic breeze and the calm-laziness of the birds, Bel waits patiently.

She doesn't have to wait before trees slowly begin to bend under pressure, and as soon as the creature breaks free, Bel blinks in surprise. It's as large as a whale, with tusks green as the healthiest of seaweeds, and skin the white-washed of shells that had spent years beneath the waves. He's strikingly beautiful, and she doesn't know what he is. Still, he seems to be something special, just from the way he looks, body wrinkled, but not from age. There's a gleam to his eyes, a slight smile and a promise of a secret, even as his long limbed-like nose sweeps into a bow (she's too anamoured by the mammoth of a creature to see any sort of challenge in his motions).

He soon moves though, a path made by a trail of bent and torn trees and birds flying ahead clearly aiming to catch up with the elephant. Bel herself is instantly in motion, following the path made, the ground worn down like a road, and she's eagerly following the wise beast that had smiled with such a secret, eager to catch up. Her steps were quick and eager, her fluke of a tail dancing in her wake as she followed after the elephant, catching up and letting him break the path as she trailed behind, far enough to not be taken as a threat, close enough to follow the entourage he seemed to collect. A few birds fly down, and Bel greets them with a joyful sound torn between a whinney and a dolphin's cree-ee-eeeek. One lands briefly on her shoulder, awkwardly off place by her fin before taking to the air again, but Bel isn't bothered. She knew the island had secrets, and she had no shame in following this elephant just as she had followed the last path the island had given her as well.

Thoughts
Speech
@'Vincent' @ She's so enamored by the elephant. She's can't help but follow! She's so freakin' cute.

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt] - by Vincent - 06-26-2019, 06:35 AM
RE: well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt] - by Vincent - 06-29-2019, 11:39 PM
RE: well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt] - by Vincent - 07-02-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: well, reckon, play the fool [relic hunt] - by Below Zero - 07-28-2019, 09:51 PM