Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Jewel of the Sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

It was a siren call that had started earlier that morning, as the dawn air had touched her body. It was a call that had grown in intensity as the heat of the day settled in, causing the vapors of her skin to work double time in keeping her hydrated (a requirement for a creature who was of the water more than she was of the land). She had tried right desperately to ignore it, but as the day wore on, the song wove longer, louder, more eager for her obedience. It was carried on the cries of gulls, on the sounds of waves echoing through the wind. It was amplified by the sun's reflection against the water's surface. It was shouted in her fibers, the very make up of her being - and sung louder by the knowledge of how long it had been since she'd dived deep beneath the waves, and just let herself be. The aqua-equine finally gave into the call, it wasn't a hard task to do, as her hooves carried her through the sands and rocks that made up the beach of Terminus Sea. She didn't hesitate as her limbs carried her into the water. She didn't pause to test the temperature of the waves, she didn't shiver as the water touched her knees, then her belly, then her shoulders, finally her neck. She didn't hold her breath as her head disappeared below the waves as well. The last touch of her to the surface, the last sign she had been there was the crest of her dorsal fin, where the tallest point between her ears and horns sat slowly disappeared beneath the waves. And she felt like she was home.

She stood beneath the waves, water filtering out of her gills as she breathed in the ocean. Her eyes seemed to have taken on a slight gleam of joy and excitement. This is what she had waited for, what she'd missed in the passing weeks, and months. Her eyes took in the world, her hooves at the very edge of the shallows. She waited for just a short moment before she finally pushed off with her hooves. It was a motion of pure grace and acceptance with her place as a creature of the waters, tailored by years of being part of the ocean experience, and tempered with the proper development and mechanics to survive in a watery environment. Her hooves coiled in close to her body as she dived off the edge of the sea bed that separated the shallows from the true depths and wonders of the deep sea, her powerful tail flipping through the air and guiding her body before she re-aligned her spine and stilled her movement to stream-line her descent into the colorful world below.

She slowed herself as she neared the corals and anemone of the deep, her eyes dancing from one colorful fish to the next, as starfish danced from area to area, carried on small currents beneath the wave. A few of the braver fish schooled close together as they swam around her, obscure the new addition to their ecosystem - even if her presence was just temporary for the time being. Her body moved into action as she practically danced around the fish and brightly colored corals and fans, playing a game of tag with the larger fish as her laugh bubbled from her, high pitch and carrying like that of a dolphin. She always sounded different underwater, her preferred communication being the sounds her people had learned to mimic and take from the dolphins they had often swam and played with during their travels. When speaking a more understood language, it still carried like song on the currents, soft and light and full of life in a way that typically only visible beneath the waves of the ocean, where she felt more at peace, more at home.

She swam with an ease, a willingness that reminded her like a pang to her heart that this was the life she was meant to live, where she was surrounded by the beauty and mystery of the depths of the seas . . . and she'd forsaken it for a life of land. As she chased small fish, her form cutting smoothly through water, she made a small mental note to not wait so long before she dived beneath the seas again.

Thoughts
Speech
@'Jaylin'

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Jewel of the Sea - by Below Zero - 06-28-2019, 09:29 AM
RE: Jewel of the Sea - by Jaylin - 07-03-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: Jewel of the Sea - by Below Zero - 07-28-2019, 09:21 PM
RE: Jewel of the Sea - by Jaylin - 08-25-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: Jewel of the Sea - by Below Zero - 08-30-2019, 02:15 PM