Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - piece by piece, he restored my faith

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

Her message had found its way to him on a dark morning, one where he’d woken alone and his nose had stung with the scent of fire on the wind.   So much had happened lately, and as he rolled from the bed that they shared, he saw Finnick waiting for him with a message to meet his love far from here, in the place where lovers met.  A momentary sense of fear that he’d woken with faded, replaced with something that bloomed warm in his chest as a slow smile spread across his face.  It would seem she had made her decision.  

He was pleased that she was wanting to try again, to be a mother and to raise a family.  This time, it would be different.  This time, she would have all the emotion that a mother should feel toward her child, because this time the child would be borne from love.  He too was emotional at the thought, blinking away a tear as he imagined the look of a child – half Katniss, half him.  The wonder and deep love he felt for his partner was enough to press forward from the Night Court, racing as fast as he could manage toward her beckoning call to the lover’s creek.

Breathlessly, he found his way toward her, shifting aside filigree leaves which draped from weeping trees.  Along the sapphire banks of the peacefully gurgling brook, he found his lover.  She stood waiting for him, her eyes bright with promise and the air around them thick with the scent of budding blossoms.  Dusky light clung to her every curve, and as he steps toward her, blinking softly as his chocolate eyes roamed every inch of her.

As I have missed you he responds, meeting her touch with a gentle brush of his lips against her neck.  As they stood alone along the water’s edge, night began to fall around them, blanketing them both with indigo hues.  His lips travel from her neck to her withers, resting there for a moment before massaging and tangling in her mane, drawing in the scent of her and willing himself to memorize every detail of their encounter.  Every detail, which he knew she had painstakingly organized for this to be a perfect moment of union.

It is beautiful here… almost as beautiful as you.  His voice is little more than a whisper against his ear as a shiver of anticipation washes over him, and he waits for her to allow him to explore further.

Metaphor
medic of the night court
dante & taya.

@Katniss

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
piece by piece, he restored my faith - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 09:02 AM
RE: piece by piece, he restored my faith - by Metaphor - 07-07-2019, 10:00 AM