Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - piece by piece, he restored my faith

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

She gives herself helplessly to him, and he can do little more than to offer her the same in kind.  As her words reach his ears, an overwhelming sense of burden is lifted from him – as if all the stresses of the past few months and the impending call of war were simply gone.  In their place is only her, warm and alive beneath his touch.  Here, they could be in this paradise built only for them, away from all prying eyes and mantles of responsibility.  Here, they could be simply a man and his lover, lost to each other in the dying strains of daylight.

He wanted the moment to last forever, gently touching his own forehead against hers as chills dance up his spine.  The gift of fatherhood was more than he could ever have asked… and as much as she wouldn’t admit it, he knew the gift was for her as well.  In motherhood, she would come into her own.  Even if she didn’t feel ready yet, he knew she was.  He knew she would rise to it and fiercely love and protect the life they brought into the world together.  It was more in her nature than she realized… but he saw it.

He saw it in the passion she brought to her duties at the Night Court and at Elysian before that.  Though she’d been through more than she ever should have to, he knew Katniss to be a resilient creature and one who would rise to any challenge presented.  You honor me, Katniss… but it is not I who will prevent history from repeating itself… it’s you.  You’re ready – we’re both ready.  And this child will love you as unconditionally as I… our story will be complete, the circle round again.

Perhaps their timing wasn’t perfect, with all the chaos in the world… but yes, it would be perfect for them.  They would see to it that the child grew in love and duty to the Night Court.  So many thoughts pierced through his moment of peace, but he gently pushed them away to focus on the present – to focus on her.  His eyes hungrily drank in the sight of her, memorizing every curve as he drank in the scent of her, wanting to remember this moment forever.

As she stood beneath his touch, Metaphor allowed his lips to roam over the ridges in her face, hovering at the corners of her closed eyes, trailing upward to the curve of her ears.  He nibbles down her neck, tousling her mane with his breath, and onward down her spine.  As she shivers in anticipation, he can do little more than give in to her desires.  You are my world.  His ragged whisper is the only sound to break through the hum of night creatures as he smiles softly against the warmth of her, anticipation building as he waits for her to open to his touch.

Metaphor
medic of the night court
dante & taya.

@Katniss

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
piece by piece, he restored my faith - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 09:02 AM
RE: piece by piece, he restored my faith - by Metaphor - 07-07-2019, 11:08 AM