Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - piece by piece, he restored my faith

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

He knew the end was near… but the fool in him tries to hold on, pulling himself from the brink of death to watch her as she came to him like an angel of salvation.  His breathing is labored now as he offers her a weak and sheepish smile, fighting through the pain even as his eyes give it away.  They find hers and hold, and he sighs deeply, knowing the agony and concern in her own eyes would be the last thing he would ever see… broken in knowing the pain she would go through now, alone.

Shhhhh…it’s going to be okay.  Her reassurance stills him for the briefest of moments as he leans his head against her chest, smearing his blood against the dark hue of her coat as he listens for the beat of her heart to comfort him.  As the two lay together on the broken ground, Maeemo’s protection orb hovers beside them, the light flickering for the first time, as if it knows the end is near… but it is a light which brings him some comfort as the memories of his life play before his eyes, and he smiles… for his life had been a full one, brimming with happy moments, and culminating in this final embrace with his lover – the last he’d ever know.

Stay strong. he whispers to her, wanting to take away the sting of his loss even when he knows it is a hopeless thing.  I love you… I love you both… he glances once more toward her belly, the one which would swell with life in the months to come – a life he would never come to know – his greatest regret.  Tell our child of my love… be sure they know how much they’re wanted… and as he wheezed his last breath, stardust reached through the smoke to blanket them both as Maaemo’s light blinked to darkness and Metaphor’s eyes closed for the last time.

Metaphor
medic of the night court
dante & taya.

@Katniss; <3  This thread breaks my heart, I'm so sorry...

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
piece by piece, he restored my faith - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 09:02 AM
RE: piece by piece, he restored my faith - by Metaphor - 07-07-2019, 12:44 PM