Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - piece by piece, he restored my faith

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Stay strong… His words are hard for her to hear, knowing that nothing about this moment will allow her to be strong. In this moment, she is anything but strong. She is broken, beaten, and weak. She holds onto her lover, watching as his breathing is coming in short, staggered breaths. She hates seeing him like this and she wishes there were more than he could do. But her power is weak and his isn’t strong enough to heal him from this. She wants to cry out for help but she knows there is no one here to listen.

His profession of love causes her to lose the resolve she had been trying to maintain. She was trying to gather strength, but she loses it the moment he says he loves them both. “I love you more than anything.” Her words are barely above a whisper, but it’s enough for him to hear them.

She breaks down when he asks her to tell their child of his love, and that the child was most certainly wanted. Katniss doesn’t have the heart to tell him that she is unsure if the pregnancy will take. So many things could go wrong between now and then, so many things were already different from her last. But she doesn’t want to ruin his last ounce of happiness with her doubt. So she only offers him a smile and a gentle embrace.

She watches as the life slips away from him, his orb finally flickered into darkness. She is left feeling so very alone and helpless. At first his death is hard for her to accept and it takes her a long while for her to ease herself up from her position. Already his body is turning cool and as she stands, she looks down at him. As if something exploded inside of her, she screams something straight out of a horror film. It’s long and comes from deep within her soul. It’s filled with anguish and anger, and all the love she has for him.

And when she finally is out of air, silence fills the area. The only noise is the flickering of the fire that still burns from the explosion. Using her telekinesis, she pulls together palms and weaves them into a mat finished with a reinforced strap so she might be able to pull him. She will not leave his body out here to rot. He deserves an honorable funeral. She pushes Metaphor’s body over on the mat, ensuring great care to not damage what is not already broken. And as she slips her neck through the strap, she uses all her strength to bring him home.

@Metaphor: <3 My heart. It hurts.

Messages In This Thread
piece by piece, he restored my faith - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 09:02 AM
RE: piece by piece, he restored my faith - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 01:06 PM