Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Quiver [relic hunt]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 113 — Threads: 14
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Like most creatures of prey, Anandi was most active at dawn and dusk. It was not really a matter of practicality so much as preference; she found sunlight garish and hard on the eyes. Beneath the sun, everything had sharp edges. There was no delicacy, no subtlety, no beauty. Anyway, she did not care for the heat. So she kept to the darker hours, of which there were many, and it did not take long to pick up on what time of day the poor inferior creatures of this world preferred.

In her short time on the surface, Anandi quickly learned there was nothing more sensual than a kill. The young woman was perhaps getting a little carried away with the freedom she had here... there was no one to scorn the frequency of her hunts or the growing size of her kills. No one to witness that pleased look in her eye as she eagerly tore into hot flesh, to comment how primitive and unbecoming it was to show such enjoyment for an act that should be a painful necessity.

She knew she was supposed to feel guilty for killing a creature that was not already dead or dying, but my... she couldn't help herself, sometimes, especially when they ran. (They always ran) And to feel a beating heart on her tongue and broken bones between her teeth... it was paradise.

She's in paradise, muzzle buried deep in warm flesh, when in the forest behind her there is a loud

crack

as a branch breaks underfoot.

Anandi whirls around, ears pinned back, coral-colored frond folded to her skull. Blood (sticky, sweet) drips from her bared teeth. It is obvious she acts on pure instinct, for logic dictates there is nothing on this island for her to fear: she is the alpha predator here. A low growl rises from somewhere deep inside her chest, not like anything she's ever heard before.

She takes a step forward, hunched low like a wolf, placing herself between the intruder and her dinner. (some sort of small cat- later she would admire the diamond pattern and glossy sheen of its coat, and she would recollect its grace and speed with admiration. She might even mourn its loss. Later.) In the burgeoning darkness of the twilight, her coal-rimmed eyes are a stunning, piercing green.

Anandi waits for the stranger to step forward, or to make the fatal mistake of running.

A  N  A  N  D  I
"Please,” she said, “you’re so beautiful. You may eat me if you like.
I’d sooner be eaten by you than fed by anyone else."

@Erasmus I forgot this was a relic hunt thread until I went to post it... oops... I'll diverge into relic stuff next post <3

some say the loving and the devouring are all the same thing

Messages In This Thread
Quiver [relic hunt] - by Anandi - 07-18-2019, 07:27 PM
RE: Quiver [relic hunt] - by Erasmus - 07-19-2019, 12:03 AM
RE: Quiver [relic hunt] - by Anandi - 07-20-2019, 07:14 PM
RE: Quiver [relic hunt] - by Erasmus - 07-20-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: Quiver [relic hunt] - by Anandi - 07-26-2019, 01:53 PM
RE: Quiver [relic hunt] - by Erasmus - 09-23-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Quiver [relic hunt] - by Anandi - 10-11-2019, 04:17 PM
RE: Quiver [relic hunt] - by Erasmus - 07-13-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: Quiver [relic hunt] - by Anandi - 09-13-2020, 07:05 PM