Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - on little cat feet

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kealie [PM] Posts: 74 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Emotion Transference  |    Bonded: Vradara (Small Dragon)

she was powerful not because she wasn't scared,
but because she went on strongly despite her fear.
I want to be a bard.

His odes leveled over the scenery in imperial waves. Swells of power ricochetted up his gullet and departed from his velvet lips in a way that Maerys wasn't cognizant it could. His voice was silken stanza and the haunting feeling of wanting something unattainable as he pulled her from thoughts of the past.

She'd never heard a stallion's voice described as beautiful, always paramount, mighty, captivating, but never simply beautiful. It was beautiful - the insurance of tomorrow and she wished he would've continued.

He swung and melted as if it were the only way his body truly knew how to discourse, though Maerys knew such was not true by the words he vocalized and the inquiries he charged. She didn't grasp much about the man before her, but as he held his final pose and watched her, his audience, with a gleeful expression she felt moved by him.

What made him afraid? Afraid of potential success and failures? For neither existed in any place but the imagination. Fear was a kind of derangement, but one that was serviceable if you knew how it operated. Fear would guide you to the things you gripped and grasped as inestimable. Mearys aspired to tell him to confront panic with resolution, understand it, and then let it go, but the process was not always that mere - no, it never was. She sought to let her fears wake her and let them reveal to her the way to her truest self, to the brave soul whose life shimmers like stardust in the moonlight. "'Tis not easy to fully beest thy own master, amply healed-" she mused "-when thy terminal terror becomes the very lodging thee gather thy strength and courage."

As her mauve eyes danced sideways, she watched the sun bloom on the horizon, golden petals stretching ever outwards into the rich blue. "I may not beest much of a crowd and yond nay was a full act, but I did fancy it." The words may not mean much to the raven before her, but she meant it earnestly. "Others wouldst too."

M A E R Y S

@Mateo
code created by kaons and modified by me

[Image: maerys-pixel.png]

x

force and magic always permitted

Messages In This Thread
on little cat feet - by Mateo - 07-21-2019, 02:49 PM
RE: on little cat feet - by Maerys - 07-26-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: on little cat feet - by Mateo - 08-02-2019, 10:05 PM
RE: on little cat feet - by Maerys - 08-05-2019, 02:25 AM
RE: on little cat feet - by Mateo - 08-30-2019, 07:08 PM