Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - on little cat feet

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

Mateo doesn’t have the slightest clue how fear operates. He only knows how selfish it can be. How all-consuming it becomes. How stupidly irrational it is. He loved singing and he loved pleasing an audience... did love plus love equal fear in all universes, or just this stupid one??

The pegasus sighs heavily, fiercely wrapped up in self pity. And then, like turning a switch, his emotions flip. Her words light him up like Christmas morning. His spirit soars sky high, and he’s well acquainted with exactly how high that is.

(He knows how it’s anything but blue, when you’re in the middle of it.)

And then the sun rises, and the new day begins, and my what a beautiful start this one is off to.

He stretches his wings, feels the universe rush in to all his empty spaces. “You sound like poetry, you know. Or scripture.” Like god was speaking straight through her. He does not give such compliments often, at least not so genuinely as this. When drunkenly flirting, they flowed from him as quickly and easily as the drinks being poured. But that wasn’t the real Mateo. That was not all all like he is now, all sober and honest and-- and cracked-shell vulnerable.

Will you tell me a story while we walk? About anything. I’d like to listen to you talk.” The boy keeps a cool head, but the slightest flush colors his words. Magic blooms shyly in the air and splashes of orange, red, yellow, dart like koi fish in the fog around them.

- - -
@Maerys beep boop I'm thinking we can fade out here and maybe have another thread in the future? I'm so sorry this took so long, I ADORE Maerys <3<3
art

Messages In This Thread
on little cat feet - by Mateo - 07-21-2019, 02:49 PM
RE: on little cat feet - by Maerys - 07-26-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: on little cat feet - by Mateo - 08-02-2019, 10:05 PM
RE: on little cat feet - by Maerys - 08-05-2019, 02:25 AM
RE: on little cat feet - by Mateo - 08-30-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: on little cat feet - by Maerys - 12-14-2019, 11:21 PM
RE: on little cat feet - by Mateo - 01-29-2020, 10:49 PM