Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the red bird comes all winter

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

yesterday i was clever
i wanted to change the world

M
aybe if he had stopped to listen to the flowers curling in through the open window, they would have told him what was coming. Maybe they would have told him how cold the nights had been getting, and begged him to understand that it was more than just winter brewing on their doorstep. Had he looked closer he might have noticed the scars on their leaves where the frost had gotten to them. But his eyes, as always, are turned towards the morning.

And maybe it’s good that they don’t try to tell him just yet, letting him and the dunalino have this time together. Sometimes Po is still naive enough to believe that the light of the morning sun is enough to make all the horrors of the night disappear.

Some things he needs to see for himself, the flowers whisper to each other as they pull their vines away from the open window.

Outside a cold wind is tousling their leaves, but Ipomoea is watching Somnus. His king, his brother - even if the crown changed, he would still value the pegasus’ input in all things. So he bumps their shoulders together, dark rosewood against bright poplar, and he dips his head.

“I would expect nothing less,” he tells him, feeling his heart begin to pace like something wild, something gearing up before a race. “I need you by my side, Somnus. What king would I be if I refused to learn from those before me?” He smiles at his own quip, nudging Somnus’ shoulder one last time before turning away.

“Will you walk with me? Mateo kept me updated through his letters, but I’d like to know anything else I missed while -“

His voice grows faint as they disappear down the corridor, and the flowers shiver as they watch him go. Soon, they each other again, as they wring their vines like hands and reach for the feeble morning like that has yet to warm them. Soon…

And just like that, a new chapter begins.

@Somnus "speaks" let the reunion commence

Messages In This Thread
the red bird comes all winter - by Ipomoea - 07-30-2019, 12:56 PM
RE: the red bird comes all winter - by Somnus - 09-19-2019, 02:41 AM
RE: the red bird comes all winter - by Ipomoea - 10-01-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: the red bird comes all winter - by Somnus - 10-01-2019, 10:23 PM
RE: the red bird comes all winter - by Ipomoea - 10-02-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: the red bird comes all winter - by Somnus - 10-26-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: the red bird comes all winter - by Ipomoea - 12-09-2019, 07:14 PM