Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Lets Meet By The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aeranas

Resting On Your Bones, Bowing To Your Throne

The woman painted with onyx and ivory ink was nervous. Aeranas can almost taste her apprehension as thick as the salt in the air beside the sea. Her voice does not flow smoothly. It starts as a trickle, then erupts into many more words than he had anticipated. He finds that if he does not peer intently at those who are nervous around others, they tend to grow more comfortable around him. So Aeranas stares at the sea as she speaks, though his gaze softens and rests at the corners of his eyes. His new companion denies that the sea holds anything but peace as if she holds something tangible. Memories were not tangible, but they were oh so precious. She claims the seashore is not a place she comes often, as if she has to justify her presence here. Aearanas gives her a gentle smile before turning his head in her direction so that he can view her slightly better. He does not stare upon her face, but somewhere over her shoulder. The woman asks him the same question, and he pauses before he answers all of her sentiments. "We are but two strangers sharing moments, stories. You do not have any obligation to justify your reasons for being here, nor if you are here often. The sea is not my only precious friend you see. But she holds precious memories, she keeps them safe. The sea is a great friend to have because if you spill your secrets to her, she won't ever tell. She sweeps them away, far far away. The sea will keep them safe in a deep trench where no soul dares to go. And then she forgets. The sea does not bring them up, it is truly only something you share with her. I spill my stories to her, she'll always listen." Aearanas explains to his companion, his gaze has drifted back to the horizon where the sky and sea meet.

The woman introduces herself as Uzuri, again her words trickle like an uncertain stream. Aearanas tilts his head and closes his eyes as he listens to her. She will become another character in one of his stories someday, perhaps even one about today. Aeranas wants to take her in as a character, as an entity. Her voice leads him to believe that this meeting is what has given her such great apprehension. Though he does not believe himself to be intimidating, he knows he does not get to decide that for himself. Aeranas inhales the salt breath of the sea and exhales it gently when the woman speaks again. She tells him that she is a soldier from the Dusk Court. The name of her court sparks a memory, the memory of planning the trip to Novus with his grandmother. Aeranas opens his soft pink eyes once more, and he peers at her with the same gentle expression on his face. He has taken care to move slowly near her so that she is not surprised by him. "It is nice to meet you Uzuri. Please call me Aerie." He offers her a smile and tries his best to make sure she does not know how her mention of the Dusk Court has made his heart ache.

"The Dusk Court. Does that mean I have finally arrived in Novus? The courts here, are all structured around the times of day, aren't they? What is your court like? What do they love? Breathe? What do you love about it?" Aerie asks her with genuine interest. His gaze is fixed just past her shoulder once more, but his eyes are alight to hide the pain from the empty space at his side. Still, he wanted to know it all. Aerie could see a warm glow from the scarf that rested upon his neck. The pulse seemed to grow stronger whenever he was sad, and he liked to believe that it was his grandmother coming to soothe him. Aerie didn't know why his scarf was so in tune with his emotional state, but it was. "Uzuri, you said you don't come to the sea often. You felt that specification was important... is there a reason you're here today? Something special?"

"Speech" Thoughts

@Uzuri | I hope he doesn't scare her  | 704 Words

Messages In This Thread
Lets Meet By The Sea - by Uzuri - 08-01-2019, 11:34 AM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Aeranas - 08-04-2019, 04:25 PM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Uzuri - 08-15-2019, 11:08 AM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Aeranas - 08-17-2019, 08:58 PM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Uzuri - 09-25-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Aeranas - 12-18-2019, 08:38 PM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Uzuri - 02-09-2020, 04:42 PM