Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Lets Meet By The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aeranas

Resting On Your Bones, Bowing To Your Throne

The woman who was like paper, and stained with ink dropped her muzzle to the sea. The sea does not hesitate to rush around her muzzle that hovers above the shoreline. She was a book he had yet to read, Aeranas knows this in his heart. It is true for everyone he meets. They are worlds of untold stories, and secrets. He is a world of untold stories, secrets. It is times like these that Aerie must remind himself that he is more than the pain he feels. The pain he hides from others, as though it is a horrible secret. It is a horrible secret. Uzuri breaks his thoughts by spilling her agreement of his belief about the sea being perfect to tell stories and secrets to. Aerie smiles gently at Uzuri, he takes care not to stare at her. He politely redirects his gaze back out to the horizon, the place that also holds endless opportunities for adventure. Aeranas returns to listening to the existence of Uzuri, taking her in as an entity for a few more moments. She apologizes for her babbling, and he finds he is unable to hold back the gentle laugh that spills from his ivory lips. The sound is not disapproving, nor mocking. Aeranas is not mocking her, he disagrees with her desire to apologize for being who she is. At least who he perceives her to be in these moments. 

Aeranas has yet to know Uzuri, he simply knows her by her behavior now. A superficial encounter that he hopes will progress into a true friendship. It might fill the void he finds he carries with him everywhere. "There is no need to apologize to me. It is no transgression, nor offense. Every part of you, from the way you speak to how you feel, is a part of you. A precious part of you, and you are no burden. You are a precious individual, even to this ghost." Aerie spoke to her, his words were genuine and reassuring. He truly found the beauty in all things, in every soul he met. The ghost smiles quietly as he continues to peer at the sea. Uzuri will become someone in one of his stories, he is sure of it. When the woman speaks of Novus and the Dusk court, Aerie turns his head to listen to her. He can tell how fond she is of her court, and he dips his head as he listens to her speak. Uzuri speaks of her childhood, and how her mother had been ill when they'd arrived. She tells him that they traveled to the Dusk Court in order to receive help from their healers. Her story stirs uncomfortable feelings inside Aeranas. The emotions he has built dams and castles around burst forth suddenly. The fresh loss of his grandmother is a wound that is too new for him to prevent the tears that begin to spill from his eyes. To an outsider, they may see it as an impressive ability to empathize with another. The ghost does not speak, he is not impolite and will not interrupt the story of another. It is when Uzuri ceases to speak that a sob escapes his throat. "I hear your loss, I feel it. I can feel your passion and love for your court, and for your path in life. Such motivation is so pure. I am so sorry about your mother, Uzuri. I hope you have found peace." The ghost whispers between sobs that spill from his maw.

The embarrassment of such a display is quick to set in for Aeranas. He tears his gaze from the stranger who has become his companion, so that she is not subjected to his torrent of emotions. So that his wounds do not infect her, and she does not have to repair the dams and castles she may have built during her period of loss. The ghost steadies himself upon the lungs of the sea when she asks where he comes from. "I come from a world that makes no sense. I come from the world itself, I have never known a home. My life has been full of travel with a very dear friend of mine. A friend who is more of a ghost than I am standing here. I miss her." He whispered to Uzuri, he appeared to be regaining his composure. A few lingering tears slid down his pale cheek before it disappeared into the sands beneath their feet. The gentle glow of his scarf reminded him that his grandmother promised she was still with him. After a few moments of silence, Uzuri explained that she needed a change of pace from her usual day-to-day routine.

Aerie nodded receptively to her words, including the question she spilled for him yet again. Aeranas decided that he would not apologize for the burst of emotion that sprung from within him. His grandmother had taught him that emotions were an integral part of who he was. "I've been following the sea for days, since I visited the strange island with a  bridge connecting it to this mainland. I've been searching for Novus, I think its time that I found a home. I think I already know where it will be... but I want to visit all of the courts of Novus first." Aerie answers her, and his voice is still quiet. He does not plan to indulge Uzuri if she asks him about the emotional outburst. It has passed, and he will deal with those emotions later. 

"Speech" Thoughts

@Uzuri | I hope he doesn't scare her  | 926 Words

Messages In This Thread
Lets Meet By The Sea - by Uzuri - 08-01-2019, 11:34 AM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Aeranas - 08-04-2019, 04:25 PM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Uzuri - 08-15-2019, 11:08 AM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Aeranas - 08-17-2019, 08:58 PM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Uzuri - 09-25-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Aeranas - 12-18-2019, 08:38 PM
RE: Lets Meet By The Sea - by Uzuri - 02-09-2020, 04:42 PM