Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and i don't care if i sing off key

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

There’s something about this particular morning that has Sloane in a state of awe. It isn’t often that she cares to watch the sun rise or set, that she cares about what others are doing in their own free time, or what needs to be done. She lives for her own work, cares only for herself, and seems to piss off just about everyone she meets. And yet…it’s surprising just how many individuals keep coming and going from her life as if they actually mean something to her. So many keep tabs on her, inserting themselves into her personal space if only to ensure that she knew someone cared about her. Such sentimental things did nothing but irritate the mare. And yet, I digress.

As the morning sun begins to rise, Sloane is standing on her own little island, enjoying watching the storm roll in. There is a sense of peace that she feels when she stands alone on the island. For someone who is not thankful about much of anything, she is thankful that Somnus has allowed her to stay on this quiet little island, even if it is right next to those fucking squirrels that set everything on fire. It was amazing that anything green still grew there.

Eyes look out at the white caps, thrashing against the sand bar. Thunder rumbles in the distance, lightning strikes the surface of the water. And yet, Sloane stands on the white-sand beach, enjoying the way the wind whips through her hair. It’s quiet here, despite the sound of the storm blowing in. Eyes close softly as she listens to the way the trees wave in the wind, the way the waves crash into the shore, and the way the birds call out to her. She stands there in absolute awe, just enjoying this moment and the peace being alone brings her.

And when her eyes finally open, she sighs in absolute contentment. She does not fear the oncoming storm nor does she seek shelter away from it. She welcomes it. But what she doesn’t welcome is visitors. There is a reason she lives on this island alone. And when she realizes that she is no longer a lone, she cannot help the way her eyes seem to roll. No, Sloane is not keen on her morning being disrupted by a conversation she doesn’t want to participate in.

@Mateo - She’ll get over it xD

Messages In This Thread
and i don't care if i sing off key - by Sloane - 08-05-2019, 01:10 AM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Mateo - 08-30-2019, 11:14 PM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Mateo - 10-24-2019, 09:44 AM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Mateo - 01-17-2020, 03:33 PM