Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and i don't care if i sing off key

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

A man with as many fears as he should be afraid of storms, but he wasn't afraid-- he just found them uncomfortable. He hated the storm itself (wet feathers-- he hated wet feathers-- and the rain in his eyes, and the wind monstrous and livid) but he loved the electric calm before it. Steel on his tongue. Similar to but not quite like blood. It was better, wilder. Exciting.

In the air, high above Delumine, he could feel the air tense with anticipation between each and every feather of his wings. And the smell of rain! Delicious, invigorating, apple-crisp and knowing. What secrets was she keeping, this galvanic mistress? Would that he could ask her-- if anyone could charm lady nature, it was Mateo.

Right?

When the wind picks up it jostles him like an old friend. He fights it, leaning sharply to one side or another, and for a few minutes they are just two boys, Teo and the wind-- but one is much larger, much stronger, and much more serious about their game. Eventually the young pegasus grits his teeth and glides down to earth with as much grace as one possibly could with the gale all around him like a vindictive lover.

(Sure, it was a mess of similies, but the wind was anything but lifeless)

There's a woman standing on the beach. He remembers seeing her before-- that red hair sticks out, although she seemed the type who wanted to do anything but. He only hesitates a moment before approaching, head held low and genial. He stops a respectable distance away with a small but charming smile. "Hey, I'm Mateo. Sorry, I uh... I just needed to get out of the sky." He has a decency to look sheepish-- she stands like she owns this little island, and for all he knows she does. "Do you live here?" Mateo didn't see her around court much, but he was certain she was a citizen of Dawn court... he had an impeccable memory, especially for redheads.

- - -
@Sloane <333
art

Messages In This Thread
and i don't care if i sing off key - by Sloane - 08-05-2019, 01:10 AM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Mateo - 08-30-2019, 11:14 PM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Mateo - 10-24-2019, 09:44 AM
RE: and i don't care if i sing off key - by Mateo - 01-17-2020, 03:33 PM