Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the curious mind expands forever

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sea [PM] Posts: 39 — Threads: 12
Signos: 560
Inactive Character

She dances and sings in the light,
she lurks in the shadows and she always gets her way.

Lately, the library has become a bit of a sanctuary for the gray lately with all the troubles afoot in the tree ranges surrounding the Rapax. Emersyn's nook is crammed with journals and reports of animal studies, and wildly theorized notations on magic. None of these topics have anything to do with actual murder, but that isn't what she is looking into them for. Emersyn has been cross-referencing the reasons why some animals get maimed, while others do not.

What parts are vital?
What parts are not?
What are they used for?
Where do they go once they are harvested?

And lastly,

How much money can someone make off of an Elderdeer Horn?

. . . is the crime worth the time? The danger of getting caught? Some think so. Some.

And she knows this to be true.

In the New Testament of Emersyn, she has learned that there is magic. All she understands of that, is that the world has become vast and overwhelming, all in one night and all at once. She must have some form of gravity at this time, and so she clings to her Regime, her people, her citadel. For now, it is all she has knowing that there is more abound.

Since the patrols have begun, time has been less of a friend and more of an enemy. Time off means time alone, time alone means self-reflection. Anything else that happens after that is nobody's business. Almost everyone uses their down time to sleep- but the marble-eyed Emissary knows no such word.

It would seem as though she is not the only one who embraces the library's more .. timeless hours. And with her luck, it is another attendee from the meeting. Her presence had been loud and accounted for by all of them, and her point had been made very clearly. While Emersyn wanted to see what would come of it on its own, she decided it might be better to address it, just in another setting.

Like a library, at dusk.
Clandestine.

Not wanting to readily interact, Emersyn hangs back in her nook when attendee slips by, luckily unnoticed and not engaged, she waits .. waits. But something else happens instead,

Maerys happens, and distracts Emersyn when the soldier's axe hits the ground.

What luck!

But Maerys is beautiful, Emersyn cannot decide her priorities. The woman is rendered enigmatic and holy by firelight in the tones of rose and gold. A candle creates a halo as light darts around her, and meets the glow of flames which dance from above. It is such a lively, magical glimmer over her every muscle and darkens the nature of the universe known as Maerys. Emersyn admires how the warm light casts her in bronzes and immortalizes her.

Pocks of light make stars out of shadows, light streaks down in shades of gold, it cuts out the hardness of a soldier with the deep shadows it grooves. Emersyn has been staring long enough to make out the color of the woman's eyes, observant but not obvious. She believes that the eyes of the woman are the colors of the cosmos, it is mysterious. A thing of beauty. A thing of wonder. A thing.

"Maerys, right? You came to my meeting .. " Emersyn smiles demurely, How could I ever forget such beauty? It is a rare smile, a dangerous one, Trust me. Her smile grows, fondness shows. But her darkness clings to her like the haunting chill of a deep winter. "Thank you for coming. It means a lot to me when people want to know what is going on." She smiles with her eyes,

The Emissary decides to come closer,

closer and closer,
creeping like a tide,
like the moonlight rising over a field,
like a reaching hand - a wanting one.

"Care if I join you?"

~~~

@Maerys I don't know what this is. Not yet at least.

Messages In This Thread
the curious mind expands forever - by Maerys - 08-05-2019, 10:56 PM
RE: the curious mind expands forever - by Emersyn - 12-27-2019, 02:33 AM
RE: the curious mind expands forever - by Maerys - 01-03-2020, 01:53 AM
RE: the curious mind expands forever - by Emersyn - 01-06-2020, 02:02 AM