Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- If I Was A Flower...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camdis

Camdis Lohir

Of course, of course the magic had not ended upon the shores of the Terminus. Of course it had merely laughed at his assumption of freedom and simply yanked his heart in an unseen line and onto yet another sojourn. Now, as he strolled aimlessly throughout the massive, bramble entwined maze, the stallion had to work not to grind his teeth down to nubs. It had been hours since he had entered the maze and he had only succeeded in getting miserably, woefully, lonesomely lost. 

Not that he minded the lonesome part, for the stallion had many things on his mind. 

The youthful Charlemagne, and the gentleness that the boy had coaxed out of the gruff male, the paternal stirrings in that broad, scarlet chest that pointed toward some sort of potential that Camdis wasn't aware that he possessed. Part of him rejoiced at this flicker of hope, that yes, he was capable of being a good father, that he wasn't a failure in all things. Another piece of him, though, mourned the ease with which he opened his heart to the lad. It felt like a betrayal, like a cruel insistence that he was everything wrong with a father; the truth that he could not stick around to care for his own children but he could adore the child of another was a cruel one. 

Then, there was the matter of the courts and his place within them. He knew, just from his venture in his seemingly endless search for this relic, that the Night Court was the most densely populated, that Calligo was no longer alone behind her wall of mountains. No, it seemed, rather, that the demi-goddess had slipped into the hearts and smiles of countless equines. And while that warmed the scarlet splashed stallion's heart, it also created a cloud of fear that hovered about his shoulders, nipping at his spine and sliding down his neck in a frigid caress; what if he was forgotten within the confines of his beautiful Denocte? What if, in the sheer numbers that had flocked to his beloved deity, he was cast aside for someone, anyone?

He shivered, less from the slowly dropping temperature and more from the terror of being rejected yet again. 

There was a huff from his nostrils, warm breath so at odds with the chill that Camdis felt in his chest.

Where could he go if the Court that he already loved so dearly pushed him away? Where could he go when he could no longer fit into his own skin?                                                                                                                 

@RandomEvents @Random Events @'RandomEvents' lmao nothign is working @

Messages In This Thread
If I Was A Flower... - by Camdis - 07-09-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: If I Was A Flower... - by Random Events - 07-09-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: If I Was A Flower... - by Camdis - 07-09-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: If I Was A Flower... - by Random Events - 07-20-2017, 02:40 PM