Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - lord, if I make it through tonight; (dusk meeting)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 40 — Threads: 5
Signos: 5
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

as runners, we'll know each other
Ard
Even though it wasn’t true, it almost seemed that as soon as they returned home from the streets of Denocte, the meeting was called. Ard didn’t want to go. He wanted to remain inside and away from prying eyes, wanted to keep Erd to himself and far from potential danger, away from the cruel hands of this ’Scarab.’ His brother, however, had other ideas.

’Let’s just go watch,’ Erd said softly, crooning gently to assuage his fears, ’It could be important, Ard, and so much has happened. We’ll go, watch, and come back home. I promise.’

Erd promised, and the knowing, heartfelt look in his turquoise gaze as their eyes met melted the ice around Ard’s heart. He relented. In the end he didn’t have the heart to deny his brother anything, not when he had almost lost him.

Donning their black cloaks, the twins departed their quarters and took to the streets. They chose to remain upon the ground rather than fly, picking their path carefully, petite bodies moving almost silently through the streets surrounding the citadel with lithe grace. Every few paces the twins would take turns purposefully pressing against the other; a bump of a shoulder, the caress of a wing, a nuzzle to the other’s jaw. It was a silent communication, a reassurance;

’I’m here.’

Ard didn’t know if it was more for his sake, or Erd’s. Quite honestly he didn’t care.

As all meetings went, they knew when they arrived. The two petite warlocks shifted around the back of the gathered crowd, ears forward, listening, doing their best to peek over and around the throng of moving bodies to try and get a glimpse of what was going on. A voice cut out, and Ard immediately recognized it as Marisol. He grimaced, recalling the last time he had spoken with the Halcyon Commander.

While he still truly believed that Marisol lacked the ability to understand how he felt in that situation, he knew that her worry for his brother had been genuine. He had simply been too far lost in his terror and rage to see it then. Hopefully she would forgive him.

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: lord, if I make it through tonight; (dusk meeting) - by Corrdelia - 09-03-2019, 10:25 PM
RE: lord, if I make it through tonight; (dusk meeting) - by Ard - 09-16-2019, 03:14 AM