Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - One with the Bow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
There is a familiarity that is witnessed in the way the male stands, tall and strong like the elms growing to touch the sky, and yet swaying in the movement of the harmony to the world that once spoke to her as if she belonged - she was eager for the day that feeling of welcome returned. Every so often she could get the barest glimpse of what she had lost, a familiar hum when she brushed against the tree, a faintest whisper of her name when she was alone in the woods, a struggling desperation within her soul, begging to be released. It was one of the strongest things she missed of her Thicket home.

He tells her that Viride was once of a similar look, it was his next words that had her turning her attention fully to him, like you, like your people; they were part of the forest, connected to its very roots, Her features shifted to softness, even as a faint touch of pain was visible. Connected, still perhaps? Even if the world was silent to her? Was it the proof she needed to keep searching to re-establish that line, to refind this earth and live as a part of the forest once more. He speaks again then, his words turning to history - and her smile drops, her head shaking, "It's heartbreaking when a forest, any land is forced to die for its' inhabitants. In a way, is it not murder of its own . . . . my people were just as bad for it, and it broke my heart. The forest was always eager to provide, but it's screams of pain when its trunks were cut . . . it could effect even the least connected souls . . ."" She never could understand why the need to destroy a land piece, when she'd asked, it had simply moved for her to give room. When she had searched for a home, it had swelled to give her a hole in a hill to make her own.

She missed having that connection, when it had provided for her, and she for it, when it was an equal share and take from both sides. He then motions for her to follow, her steps easily following in, and she watches as the underbrush seems to part for him, showing them a trail, and she smiles at the sight of the easy acceptance of the male, yearning for the magic that she might one day embrace again. She glances back when he told her that there was plenty of magic to be found here, among the trees, and as if to prove her point, a small, glittering gold flash of light danced between trees, her head turning to track it to find it gone, and a laugh bubbled free, "It would seem, this forest is much more than it seems." Her gaze turns softly to the trees, her expression light and alive, "I look forward to getting to know it better." She could almost feel the answering swell of 'soon.'

"Speech"

@Ipomoea ;; Planning to reply to one of the patrol posts next, but I wanted to get this post in so we can wrap it up and close it, I figure next post by each can wrap up their talk ending and IC departure? I need to get her exp up the final six points to upgrade her magic.

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
One with the Bow - by Callynite - 09-11-2019, 12:51 PM
RE: One with the Bow - by Ipomoea - 09-15-2019, 05:02 PM
RE: One with the Bow - by Callynite - 09-15-2019, 06:01 PM
RE: One with the Bow - by Ipomoea - 10-07-2019, 12:41 PM
RE: One with the Bow - by Callynite - 10-09-2019, 09:45 AM
RE: One with the Bow - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 01:29 PM
RE: One with the Bow - by Callynite - 10-29-2019, 03:00 PM
RE: One with the Bow - by Ipomoea - 12-13-2019, 03:36 PM
RE: One with the Bow - by Callynite - 02-09-2020, 01:50 AM
RE: One with the Bow - by Ipomoea - 02-11-2020, 02:32 AM