Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - lie down by the slow river;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

A set of eyes had pinned him
Became his version of a kingdom
She's everything the devil can't be
When she's singing to me "Glory"

There was no point in pretending that she knew what Marisol was thinking. Oh, Israfel could recognize and sympathize with certain looks that crossed through the Commander’s pale grey eyes, could slot together the pieces of a very large, complex puzzle until they made sense, but to truly know what was spinning through that surely overwhelmed mind? Nah. That wasn’t Israfel’s forte. It never had been, but as the younger woman came to stand at full attention, every inch of her the pristine representation of the Halcyon Unit’s perfect little soldier, the Sun Daughter somehow knew to watch her tongue.

One wrong word, one wrong grin, one wrong well-meaning insult, and Marisol could topple over the proverbial edge. Israfel had done a lot in her lifetime, in both lifetimes, but she never desired to be a murderer, even by accident.

Rolling her shoulders, the pale demi-goddess lifted her chin and tipped an ear forward to listen. It was so easy to see the troubled pinched emotion upon Marisol’s face, staining the dark umber of her skin and crinkling the fawn hairs upon her muzzle with every shift of distress and uncertainty. More than it was easy to see, however, was it easy to hear.

Of all of the souls in Novus to come to for counsel. ’I trust your judgment.’ Rose-kissed lips parted in surprise for only a brief moment before pressing together in a small, contemplative frown, her brows furrowing. The honesty, humility, and vulnerability displayed before her calmed the volatile fire that so oftentimes burned within her breast, and the Warden nodded.

“I have all the time in the world, Commander.” Israfel paused, then quirked a sardonic smirk. “First, let me suggest that ’pleasure’ is a good means of forgetting your worries. You should try it sometime.” Aloof as she was, only a fool could miss the very obvious something that brewed between the now-Sovereign and Dusk’s Champion of Battle. If it helped Marisol and Theodosia calm the fuck down for awhile before they keeled over from stress, then so be it… And maybe, just maybe, Israfel wanted to help out a friend.

You owe me, Theo.

Before that tidbit of advice could be dwelled on for too long, the Warden turned to begin a casual stroll, hoping that Marisol would fall into step without question. Sometimes it was better to walk and talk. It helped to keep the mind steady, letting the body focus on the motions as the mind ran rampant.

Effortlessly she went on, letting the cool wind wash over them both, knowing it would only be a matter of time until the air grew sticky and humid. “I’ll be honest, Commander; I’m humbled that you came to me for counsel. We’ve never been particularly close, so I can’t help but feel curious as to why.” Israfel tilted her head with that same brow raised, her pretty face warped in genuine curiosity. “... But that isn’t important right now. What is important is what you need from me. What kind of counsel?”

"Speaking."
credits

@Marisol

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
lie down by the slow river; - by Marisol - 09-12-2019, 12:28 AM
RE: lie down by the slow river; - by Israfel - 09-12-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: lie down by the slow river; - by Marisol - 09-19-2019, 03:32 PM
RE: lie down by the slow river; - by Israfel - 09-23-2019, 04:08 AM
RE: lie down by the slow river; - by Marisol - 09-24-2019, 02:01 PM
RE: lie down by the slow river; - by Israfel - 10-26-2019, 10:56 AM
RE: lie down by the slow river; - by Marisol - 12-26-2019, 02:16 AM