Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Why is my Arrow in your Shoulder?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

sol bestiam

"I'm not undertall, I'm fun sized. Perhaps you've not see a horse like me, because I am in fact a deer - or, was before twisted in this half and half state." Sol was not sure what to make of her and her comment. He had seen deer... but none that looked like her. She had a multi-hued mane like a horse, but a tail like a deer... and two sets of ears... and a horn like a unicorn... yeah... nothing like any deer that he had ever laid golden eyes upon. "I will have to take your word for it. I have never seen a deer like you." He replied, eyes wary as he watched her and tried to figure her out.

"How hot are they? Do you feel the heat? If they go out as soon as you walk away, is it only standing still that you have to worry about lighting a fire? Or can a fire blaze up while it's distinguishing after you've stepped forward? Are the useful in attack, or are they a cosmetic thing? What happens when you step into water?" Sol coughed as he listened to her ask millions of questions with seeming little air in between, doing his best not to laugh. "It is rather hard to answer questions when asked in a jumble of words..." He laughed, body relaxing as he realized she was no danger to him. At least... unless she shot him again. Then she might be dangerous. "First, they are as hot as flames... I have no idea how to measure that. Second, the heat is less intense for me... but that could also be thanks to having them for as long as I can remember and being used to the temperature of the flames. Third, I have never actually started a fire. Well... no more than a few small flames that are quickly gone." Sol paused and took a breath before launching into answers again. "Fourth... They are mostly cosmetic. I have found no use for them in battle. There have definitely been times when it could have been more useful, but never times where they actually came in handy. Finally, regarding water..." Sol shook his head. "I tend to avoid water any deeper than my hooves... so it usually just steams around it and evaporates. Deeper water warms up... but it seems to be limited to just the area directly around them... I have never went swimming so I couldnt tell you what would happen then." He paused there, mentally reviewing the questions to make sure that he had answered them all. With a slight nod, he focused back on her and listened as she started another tirade.

"Little one? Father? Hardly. I'm four, thanks kindly. I'm certainly no fawn. And Coy is the bane of my existance because I accidentally sta-, er because he doesn't watch where he's going in caverns. I can certainly practice this weapon just fine, I'm no novice at it, at any rate. And lastly, I'm mostly deer, we tend to be built far different from you horses, the prime characteristic being a much smaller stature, so I'd thank you kindly not to mistake me for a foal again." Sol had the decency to look chagrined at her lecture. "I apologize. I did not mean to offend." He said gently, golden eyes once again upon her face. Accidentally sta... sta? "You accidentally did what to him?" He asked with an incredulous look on his face. If she said what he had a feeling she had cut off... he might die of laughter.

@Callynite
"Speaking."
Notes: -giggles-
credits

Messages In This Thread
Why is my Arrow in your Shoulder? - by Callynite - 09-15-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: Why is my Arrow in your Shoulder? - by Sol Bestiam - 10-10-2019, 01:36 PM