Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- flicker hither

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Yana

The ink-spill of sky was trying its best to replicate the witch's star-speckled coat. She was a speck of spectral dust in comparison to its infinite black sea, and yet there she still stood: skinny neck cranked back to gaze not at the distant plains of space but at a wall of withering bramble. Perhaps another breed of equine would ignore the anomaly, but not the little black witch: the dry foliage was a sign that there was work to be done. 

Let us be done with this shaman. My patience has worn out. 

The girl spared a moment to allow a gurgling cough to creep from the depths of her throat before approaching the hedge. Black nares pulled at the air with quick, harsh breaths while she waited for it to pass. There is magic at work here, but if it is not my magic than whose? A midnight brow furrowed with worry, but the thought was quickly brushed aside. She knew that since her arrival: an unseen force had awoken a desire to hunt for an ancient relic in every individual she encountered so far; would it be unreasonable to believe that the same entity who compelled a whole army to search like mindless fools could also erect a labyrinth in one night?

It is childish. Why beg for us to join in the game if you're going to steal the prize? Grey eyes searched the length of the hedge as she considered the identity of the being responsible for its construction. Could it be a child with immense power? Or a wise elder with a cruel sense of humor? 

Moonlight enveloped the girl's scrawny figure like a protective blanket, refusing to let her go as she moved on to another section of wall. It was not long before it veered off to her right, however, and showed her the depths of its gaping black maw. Time to find who is at your heart.

OOC: AHHH quick post to make sure I get in I am such a butt ;-; @

Judy Baxter

Messages In This Thread
flicker hither - by Yana - 07-09-2017, 08:49 PM
RE: flicker hither - by Random Events - 07-10-2017, 01:28 PM
RE: flicker hither - by Yana - 07-18-2017, 09:12 PM
RE: flicker hither - by Random Events - 07-23-2017, 12:46 AM