Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - everything's coming up green

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

I P O M O E A

She stands there looking at him, looking at his Court, and it strikes him then how similar they are. Both of them new to their posts, both of them picking up the mantle of a king that has disappeared. Both of them watching each other with the same mixture of uncertainty and hope, that maybe this time they can be the change they wish to see.

It makes him feel a bit like a boy again, given a choice he did not feel prepared to make.

But he smiles despite that, and turns to lead her towards the citadel. The gardens open up around them, the roses are blooming, the birds are singing in the trees - and for now, he can lean into the idea that peace is something tangible, something that can be trusted in. Even with winter creeping up as frost on his windowsill each night, and with the drumbeats of war still echoing inside of his chest, Ipomoea is starting to feel as though both of them can be put on pause, if only for a little while.

“Then allow me to show you my Court, Queen Marisol,” he says, bowing his head as they first step onto the marble floor of the citadel. “And perhaps by knowing each other, we can build something brighter between the Dusk and the Dawn-“

And then they disappear side by side into the citadel, as if they have left both the winter and the war out in the cold.

@Marisol
”here am i!“

Messages In This Thread
everything's coming up green - by Marisol - 10-05-2019, 11:47 AM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Ipomoea - 10-10-2019, 12:11 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Marisol - 10-15-2019, 02:02 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Marisol - 12-13-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Ipomoea - 01-01-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Marisol - 05-24-2020, 09:14 PM
RE: everything's coming up green - by Ipomoea - 06-04-2020, 03:31 PM