Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - and build me stately castles by candlelight [auditions]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

This is how we'll stand when
When they burn our houses down
This is what we'll be, oh, glory

The beacon flared in summons, and Israfel answered.

She arrived first, the vermilion fire of her eyes scanning the others as they slipped into the center of the square, a gathering of bodies of all shapes, colors, and designs. Denocte believed themselves to be the melting pot of Novus, but they had never seen the rag-tag, motley bunch that represented Terrastella. Her expression remained that steady fierce neutrality, that perfected mask of a slightly downturned frown and narrowed, burning eyes, ears forward and alert and shoulders rolled back, standing tall and proud as she arrived at the meeting.

Solaris’ burning body spiraled down from the evening sky with a piercing shriek, a falling star of flames cutting through the approaching darkness. The Phoenix’s flames doused as soon as she reached her chosen child, her massive wings spread out to slow her descent before latching onto Israfel’s croup with a gentleness that belied her sharp, piercing talons.

’Show them what you’re made of.’ She hardly resisted the urge to smirk.

The Warden moved with a blatant confidence, a determined sashay with Solaris’ bulk upon her croup as she crossed the stone square to come to stand beside Marisol, effectively putting herself at the Sovereign’s right hand side. Shoving herself in a position that the Sun-Daughter quite honestly already considered hers. Vermilion eyes searched the faces laid out before them, brows raised and expression nonplussed, before she turned her head and focused that same burning, intense, prying stare upon Marisol.

“... We’ve discussed this briefly, and I’ve come to a decision. Before, you came to me and asked me to help you build your council. You asked who I thought might be worthy of the titles of Regent and Emissary.” A slender, pale shoulder rolled back in an aloof shrug, the beginnings of a smirk crossing the woman’s rose-kissed lips. “You know I’m not one for pretty, flowery words of bullshit but I guess for you, I’ll make an exception.”

“... I’ve seen Kings and Queens come and go,” Israfel began, far more eloquently than she had wanted or planned to start this little spiel, turning her piercing stare out onto the gathered faces, “Out of everyone gathered here and everyone who had once stood upon these stones, I’ve outstood them all. Despite everything I’ve remained loyal to Terrastella from the start. I’ve served, fought, and bled for this soil. I’ve seen lands crumble and burn, worlds destroyed, I’ve touched and tasted Death and returned to serve Terrastella, to serve you. In the wake of rains and floods and creepy magical islands I’ve remained, keeping our soil safe and our home fires burning.”

But never did she do it for Vespera. She would never be the patron Goddess to Israfel, the one born of fire and embers and spite, the daughter of a God long dead with just as much virulent, dangerous candor as his beloved daughter. No. Israfel would carry on her father’s legacy, just as Charlie would, and Charlie’s future children. Vespera had no place in that, but luckily, Marisol already knew her opinion on their so-called ‘goddess’.

Once more Israfel’s gaze turned and focused upon Marisol, her stare piercing, probing, and searching. “I’ll be the best damn Regent you could have hoped for, Marisol. I’ll be your right-hand woman and serve Terrastella first, as so should you.” The tension within the Sun-Daughter’s body lessened, her posture loosening as she suddenly grinned. “I know I wanted to throttle that pretty little face of yours when we first met, but I guess you aren’t that bad.”

"Speaking."
credits

1. Which position (Regent, Emissary, Warden) is your character interested in and why?
Israfel is petitioning for the position of Regent. In her eyes she is one of the longest remaining members of Terrastella, intimately familiar with the land as a whole and experienced in keeping it safe-guarded and protected. Just as well, she’s well versed in seeing it grow stagnant, its positions and ranks empty and barren. While content with her position as Warden for the last number of years, a fire has grown within her to step up, to protect Terrastella in a way that she couldn’t as a Warden, to fight for this land that she has served for so long and the land that she started her family in. Perhaps it was the disappearance of Asterion and Florentine, two people who she truly considered friends and her inability to help them that ignited this flame. Maybe she’s just being an arrogant asshole, but she’ll never tell.

2. What do you think is Dusk's biggest strength and biggest weakness (IC)? What plots do you think might come from that?
Strengths - Definitely both the Hospital and the Halcyon. While a somewhat ‘small’ group, the Halcyon has really seemed to have blown up in popularity over the last year? Few seasons? Something like that. It makes up more than the general populace of soldiers within Terrastella as a whole, and I still find it terribly ironic and somewhat funny that the Court dedicated to healing and helping also has one of the strongest military factions on-site. I think that balance between fighting and healing, the Halcyon and the Hospital, is a great asset when used together, which also works into one of my opinions on weaknesses. Just as well, I think another strength of Dusk is the overwhelming sense of acceptance that has been adopted by everyone? With all types running around (flying, land-bound, Kelpies galore), I think we have a lot of strengths at our disposal that we haven’t looked into before!

Weaknesses - The lack of use of the Hospital. I know it’s been casually mentioned in a few threads, but I’d really like to push more for the importance of the hospital. It could be more than just a place for people (i.e. Theodosia) go to be patched up every now and again. Another weakness with Dusk I think is just the lack of keeping a steady Regime/Council. It’s been a struggle since Rannveig to keep ranks filled. I’d love to push and keep up Griffin’s idea of an ‘activity bonus’ to keep ranks filled and members busy!

3. Which part of Terrastella's lore would you be the most interested in expanding or basing events on?
Originally I wanted to say the Halcyon, but like I said in my previous answer the Halcyon has really blown up over the last couple of months! I would really love to see more push/hype/information on the Ilati, honestly. It was a big thing when the lore first dropped, but since then we’ve seen less and less Ilati. I think there’s one or two members now? I’d love to toss up some lore and adoptables about the Ilati and create more shamanistic, witchy individuals lurking within Terrastella’s darker corners.

4. What does your character believe should be the primary focus of the new regime and why? How would that be implemented?
Israfel believes in progress and change. When she was younger, she was haughty, arrogant, selfish, and she believed everyone to be a lower standing than herself due to her godly bloodline and gifted heritage. Since being burned alive in a sacrifice by her own father, who she idolized and worshipped, and then being brought back to life her outlook has completely changed. The world needs to adapt in order to survive. If something doesn’t work, it needs to be changed. As such the stagnant, empty Regime needs to be mended and while Terrastella is working, it also needs change in order to thrive.

Israfel would implement seasonal ‘mini-events’ as a way of boosting morale and maintaining activity. Working with the Regime (Sovereign and Emissary), she would come up with ways to ensure that everyone is completing goals within their selected fields. (Example: Warriors would train/meet spar requirements in return for Signos, Artisans would craft/trade things to meet their requirement in turn for Signos, etc.)

5. What's your available activity level?
Now that I’m back in action, I’d like to say very! I can’t promise that I’ll be around every single day and make a post every day, as life likes to swallow EVERYONE now and again, but I’m confident in saying that life has calmed down enough now and Israfel and I are ready to step up and rock Terrastella’s world.

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: and build me stately castles by candlelight [auditions] - by Israfel - 10-10-2019, 08:54 PM