Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - forget me now, forget me now

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 70 — Threads: 5
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Outcast
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: Starfire  |    Bonded: N/A

This keening soul;

No, but I can feel the pull of the tide.

Her voice is the soft of the surf. It is the bubbles of breath that the sea sighs along the crests of her waves. 

Leto is a shadow amidst the mists of Tinea. Now she wades through the waters with no fear of their grasp or their endless deep. Her skin itches for the sea. She is salt slick but becoming washed clean of the sea by the stagnant waters of the Swamp.

As she rises like a god from the depths of the water, her ebony skin gleams with the white of soaked stars. Silver scales are blooming along her throat and up her neck. They too gleam like starlight, they look to Leto’s shed-star skies and laugh. She is a triad now: shed-star, Ilati and kelpie in one. Leto is the earth, the sea, the sky. At last she is whole. At last she is right. Destiny feels right within her bones, it sings in silver notes through her blood.

Like the black glass of a midnight sea, the kelpie steps out from behind the brush. Her silver gaze lingers upon the goddess-girl and she slinks as the sea pours upon the shore. Shells and corals and ocean plants have now joined the pearls and golden leaves that hang from her mane. Even her bells have changed their song since they kissed the bottom of the ocean. Now they are plaintive whale song as they chime low and long amidst her mane.

Mine. That is the song of Anandi in her ear. The girl who made her breathes it out like a litany and how Leto’s bones hum with the song of her creator’s voice. 

Mine, Leto thinks as she settles her galaxy gaze upon the ivory girl. The Change has seeped its way into her eyes as the sea and the stars swirl into one. One moment her gaze is the endlessness of stars swirling in galaxies and the next they are the whirling tumult of a storm savage sea. And at times they are both: A churning, storming sea of stars that foretell of oblivion.

Hunger pools upon her tongue and twines in threads of light through her sharpened teeth. Slim and feral, dark as the ocean’s deep, Leto reaches toward the girl like the tide toward the rocks. Golden sand gleams like fire in her lashes and along her cheeks. She wears her bloodsand as she wore her tribal markings. “Play, talk, dance…” Leto murmurs with the groan of the ocean tangled in her voice. “Is that all?” She whispers as waves upon Juniper’s skin.

The earth welcomes her home as she turns her gaze and presses her lips to the Ilati carvings upon the trees. Her brow presses to the trunk and her eyes close as the bark drinks in the water that drips from her skin.

@Juniper <3 You have a kelpie Leto - her first outing! -
<3| "speaks" | notes: table 2/2!! this was super fun to make
rallidae | art

Messages In This Thread
forget me now, forget me now - by Juniper - 10-07-2019, 11:49 AM
RE: forget me now, forget me now - by Leto - 11-05-2019, 06:25 AM
RE: forget me now, forget me now - by Juniper - 12-30-2019, 11:39 AM