Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the coyote and the flower

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ramses

Ramses I will eat you alive

The coyote’s eyes never strayed from his brother, his little brother, the creature who now stood before him. It was hard for Ramses to believe that this strapping young stallion was that colt that was thrown out into the desert.

”You saw?”
A sigh escapes him as he lowers those crimson eyes for a moment, memories of that terrible day resurfacing as he inhales Ipomoea’s question. Of course he’d seen but there was nothing he could do. He had only been young, only two, and if he would’ve stepped forward, if he would’ve dared to oppose the Davke elders, he would’ve been killed. At the time, the thought of his own blood spattered on the sand had terrified him, now, he wished he would’ve saved his little brother.

”Can you tell me why?”
Finally, the beast lifts his gaze to the other man again as his mind begins racing. What did he say? Should he be honest? Should he tell a lie? Was there a way to paint it in grace and elegance, to manipulate the painted stallion?
No, his brother deserved the truth and as he begins to speak, Ramses can’t help but narrow his eyes, a pain deep in his chest emerging.

“When you were born, you were so small and frail,” the words come softly but sternly, a statement not to be questioned.
“The Davke had no remorse for such things, it was a long lived tradition to hand the weak over to the desert’s clutches,” he continues, his voice unwavering.
“They do not believe in the traditional family, I do not even remember exactly who our parents are, we were to be raised by the hoarde,” the coyote explains.
“There was nothing to be done, it was a simple act to the Davke, they carried no mercy in their hearts, but I want you to know little brother…. If I could go back now, I would’ve stepped forward,” the red stallion admits his body quivering for a moment, the remorse evident in his tone.
“I was so young but if it meant I could’ve spent my childhood with you, I would’ve done something, I would have rather died then allow you to be cast out.”
“I am so sorry for allowing it,” those words pour from his maw, leaving an odd taste in their wake, words he never spoke.
“There is nothing I want more than to get to know my only family,” the man says, an odd smile crawling across his lips.
This was the first time in his life he’d shown such emotion and there was no hiding the shame and embarrassment that came with it.

"Speaking."
Tag: @Ipomoea
OOC: This was odd to write lol
credits

Messages In This Thread
the coyote and the flower - by Ramses - 10-09-2019, 01:40 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ipomoea - 10-10-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ramses - 10-13-2019, 10:46 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 01:45 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ramses - 10-27-2019, 03:33 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ipomoea - 11-20-2019, 02:40 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ramses - 11-25-2019, 06:31 PM