Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the coyote and the flower

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ramses

Ramses I will eat you alive

Crimson eyes never left the boy before him, his younger brother, that weak, fragile thing that had grown into this man. Ramses tilts his head and a sigh escapes him as Ipomoea speaks, the questions coming, questions Ramses hoped he’d never have to explain.

“The Davke,”
“You’re saying that you - that we - are of Davke blood.”
The coyote slowly nods, a silent answer to the other painted stallion’s question. He can feel his heart thumping in his chest and a sharp pain follows, something he’d never felt before. Was it remorse or guilt? What was slowly eating away at him? What was he to do?
“If this is true,”
Ears swivel and the man continues to watch his brother very, very carefully, fearing his next words.
"Then there was nothing you could have done for me. Not without being thrown into the desert yourself.”

The desert dweller sighs in relief, knowing that the flowery boy now understands. There truly was nothing he could’ve done and now, that thought he’d pushed away for so many years would haunt him forever.
“I let you down,” he whispers, hanging his head in shame.
“Tell me how I can try and make up for it, please let me stay brother,” Ramses pleads, his voice cracking, embarrassed at his own begging.
“There is nothing left in Solterra for me, I have nowhere else to go,” he admits, refusing to look up and face the judgement he was sure to find on Ipomoea’s face.

Finally, swallowing that unknown emotion, Ramses manages to look up, that dreadful gaze resting upon his younger brother.
“Look at you,” he says, an explanation to follow.
“You never needed us, the Davke would’ve held you back from all of this,” he admits, knowing Po would understand what he was saying. This boy was well established, he would always be cared for and loved by his people. What did Ramses have but the screeching of the dry desert wind? And now, he’d bared his soul to a near stranger, something he’d never done before. This was all new territory and he hadn’t decided if he liked it or not but for one in his life, the beast in his chest had stopped roaring….

"Speaking."
Tag: @Ipomoea
OOC: Po what are you doing to my son?!
credits

Messages In This Thread
the coyote and the flower - by Ramses - 10-09-2019, 01:40 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ipomoea - 10-10-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ramses - 10-13-2019, 10:46 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 01:45 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ramses - 10-27-2019, 03:33 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ipomoea - 11-20-2019, 02:40 PM
RE: the coyote and the flower - by Ramses - 11-25-2019, 06:31 PM