Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Racing the River

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
There was a certain joy and serenity that Cally never failed to feel, to possess when in the midst of the natural world. It was never a perfect feeling, missing the welcoming touch of the branches, or the whispered greets of the foliage, but there was still a certain tranquility to be breathed in, a breath of life from Nature herself. But even the tranquility, the peace she felt did little to mute the subtle but constant pain she felt with how silent the world felt to her when she closed her eyes and forgot about anything else around her. Before she'd feel the hums, the welcome of the forest . . . but when her eyes close, when she lets herself go to the forest . . . now there was nothing there.

She did as much as she could to distract herself, though. And that was what had led her to rushing with the river, feeling at least a little more free as she played along the currents, following its curves and flows. At least until a voice called out over the river, causing the doe to spin around in surprise, What the fuck are you. How many times had Cally heard that over the passed many weeks? Maybe not that phrase, but . . . in general. Perhaps it was the constant repeat that had the little doe responding with more sass than one might thing able to be held in such a tiny body, "That's up for debate!" She called back in amusement, turning from the river to approach the stranger, or at least stranger to her.

She tilted her head as the loose waves of her messy forelock danced infront of her bright gaze, dual sets of ears perking, one set towards the stranger, the second set circling the surrounds to keep an ear out for danger (an aspect of her deer upbringing that she couldn't break). The tiny doe grinned brightly, eyes sparkling with mirth, "Names Callynite, but Cally's easier to say. As for what exactly I am . . . I'm growing fond of the term 'hybrid'. I was a deer, but I got kinda caught up in a portal that sent me spiralling to Novus. That magic didn't like my magic and after a bit of fighting - I'm sure - I ended up looking like something caught in the middle of horse and deer." She added with a bit more detail, though avoiding any chance of admitting that it wasn't so much as getting caught up in an unknown portal but rather foolishly entering said portal in a need to explore. A portal that led to who knows where - what better adventure than that. "So, what's your name?" She added after a short pause, so as to continue the conversation - after all better to have someone to talk back than to remember the forest that no longer did.

"Speech"
@Sloane ;; She just be like 'It's up for debate, call me as you see me!'

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
Racing the River - by Callynite - 10-10-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 10-11-2019, 04:52 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Callynite - 10-17-2019, 02:48 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 10-26-2019, 11:43 AM
RE: Racing the River - by Callynite - 10-29-2019, 02:28 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 11-26-2019, 02:04 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Callynite - 12-08-2019, 01:10 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 12-17-2019, 05:43 PM
RE: Racing the River - by Callynite - 02-09-2020, 01:06 AM
RE: Racing the River - by Sloane - 03-25-2020, 08:08 PM