Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - someday i'll land in the nuthouse

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

your head is a living forest
full of song birds
The sky seemed like a thousand shades of blue overhead, transitioning from nearly black to the west to a pale, watery look to the east where the sun was still struggling to rise. Somewhere he could hear an owl still hooting and, louder, a blue jay beginning to trill over it. It was going to be a beautiful day, albeit cold, he decided as he walked into the courtyard.

And all the Court was yet quiet, the few who had risen so early despite the hour and the weather bustling along about their business. Most of them were scholars, and aged ones at that; they hardly paid him any attention, save for a brief nod in his general direction. Most had scrolls held up close to their noses, or a determined look on their face as they marched off towards the forest.

Ipomoea watched it all with a hint of amusement curling at his lips. Whenever he spoke to one of Delumine’s ancient scholars, he often left more confused than when he had started. Each of them had some unanswerable question they were hunting for, ones that rarely made sense to his own mind. But to them it was of the highest importance, and pursued it without ceasing.

And upon the day that they finally solved their riddle - if they ever did - it was never long before they selected something equally puzzling, equally confusing, and equally difficult to solve to pursue.

Their knowledge and wisdom was without rival, but often he found it easier to let them go about their routines without attempting to interrupt - or worse, change - anything about them.

But of course, the silence would not be held for long. A tall, dark figure came striding quickly through the Court, and even before she called his name he knew who she was.

“Sloane,” he greeted politely, turning to face the brusque mare. He smiled warmly, but she did not seem to notice nor care, and wasted no time in divulging her reasons for seeking him out.

“Your island?” one brow lifted in equal parts amusement and curiosity.

Movement behind her caught his attention then, and he looked past her to where a guard was stepping cautiously forward. But he simply nodded and waved the man off. Sloane might be… difficult, at times, but she had never shown intention to harm him. He turned his focus back to her.

“I have no intentions of removing you from your home Sloane, of that you can rest assured.”
OOC | @Sloane <3

Messages In This Thread
someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 10-14-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 11-26-2019, 01:48 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 12-12-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 01-10-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 02-11-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 03-25-2020, 07:45 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 04-15-2020, 11:51 PM