Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - someday i'll land in the nuthouse

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

your head is a living forest
full of song birds
Ipomoea, for all the rest of his faults, had never once stopped to consider that perhaps Sloane was not the sort of friend he needed.

Somnus had told him once to keep an eye on her; and perhaps, that first time they met on the river, he had wondered just a bit if there was any weight to the pegasus’ concerns. But any caution he may have felt surely had been thrown to the wind by now, as he dismisses the guards and leads her through the garden. Ipomoea was an optimist still, and as he looked at the mare falling into pace beside him, all he saw was opportunity for growth.

And like a gardener, ever obsessive about the slightest hints of growth, Ipomoea was determined to nurture any sprout he might see growing.

He pauses to look at her and smile, but it’s a small, thoughtful smile. ”Yes,” he agrees. ”And it’s time the rest of Delumine sees it as such.”

Brushing off the vulgarity, as he was wont to do, he continued on down the path, pausing every so often to admire a blossom. And all the while he listened, and his mind turned over her words like fresh soil in a flower bed. For a moment as her words ended in a question, he was quiet.

”That depends,” he says, lowering his head again to smell a rose. ”Do you want any other intentions?”

He leaves the question hanging between them as he moves on to the next corridor, distancing them more and more from the rest of the courtyard.

”I think you could help me, if you were so willing. You get around more than many other members of the Court, and it seems you know more about the state of things as well.” It seemed odd to him, to ask her how she might better serve the Court - he may be an optimist, but he was not blind. Sloane had told him as much herself, she was not here to dance for the monarchy. Nor, did he expect or want her to. And yet -

It never hurt to try.

OOC | @Sloane <3

I am so sorry this is late, I must have forgotten to add this one to my reply list!

Messages In This Thread
someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 10-14-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 10-27-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 11-26-2019, 01:48 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 12-12-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 01-10-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 02-11-2020, 02:45 AM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Sloane - 03-25-2020, 07:45 PM
RE: someday i'll land in the nuthouse - by Ipomoea - 04-15-2020, 11:51 PM