Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - where is your place of worship?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 35
Signos: 125
Inactive Character

ICARUS FAKED HIS DEATH. CRAWLED ONTO THE SHORE, SKIN SPARKLING GOLD AND REDDENED, AND APOLLO SAID, "YOUR FATHER WON'T FIND US HERE."

I have always liked sharp things.

Things you could cut yourself on.

Others preferred the tridents and hooks so particular to our kind of warfare; I had loved the blades, the two-sided fishing spears.

I have always loved the boys, with their hard edges. The rest of my companions had sought the luscious curves our of our country’s women; but not me. Things you could cut yourself on. He is sylphlike; he is angles and slim and a little like a shard of sun-bright glass. His colours ought make him soft; they ought fool me into complacent friendliness. 

But when he comes to my table as if expecting the gesture, when he smiles as brilliantly and dangerously as me, I am utterly charmed. I am utterly enticed.

“Hm. Kind for some.” I do not say it threateningly. He has a nice face, although the markings he bares unnerve me just so. I have seen too many Khashran bearing the scars of my people to believe it entirely innocent; how many suns had I painted upon the brows of my enemies, to know that Cain’s mark comes in many forms? “Are you from Denocte?” I ask, and it is nearly conversational. I take a drink of the tea.

I try to keep my eyes from devouring him.

I try to convince myself I shouldn’t.

I try not to think of a red and black horse on a blacker beach, running a hairsbreadth in front of me, laughing into the wind.

I have always liked sharp things.

Even the pain of memories.

@Elchanan

Pimrsi @ deviant art.com

Messages In This Thread
where is your place of worship? - by Vercingtorix - 10-22-2019, 05:44 PM
RE: where is your place of worship? - by Elchanan - 10-27-2019, 05:35 PM
RE: where is your place of worship? - by Vercingtorix - 12-27-2019, 12:38 PM
RE: where is your place of worship? - by Elchanan - 12-28-2019, 02:04 AM