Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - Sky Full of Stars

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Teal [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 5
Signos: 460
Inactive Character

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
Everything you want's a dream away

We were racing.

The river and I toe to toe, only I was not as fluid as the liquid that gushed crashing on the rocks in the sunken gorge.

But I flew.

Leaping, bounding from each pointed rock that played obstacle, I could have closed my eyes and shouted in glee at how wonderful life must be to feel so alive. My heart beating from my chest, blood pumping as warm as love through my loins whilst my haunches propelled me to keep up with the rapid currents. I had raced rivers before, but under the beaming smile of the moon, stars flashing in praise of the competition, I found a new lease of energy that made the moment spectacular. I imagined the moon racing me too, rushing in orbit to keep up as I did with the copious water, splattering my sides with a refreshing coolness every now and then. My teeth shone from my jaw and I raised my head with an impressive shake, calling to the night and announcing my merriment.

My sides heaved with each breath, sweat dampening my coat. The river balanced into a peaceful pool that later trickled into a stream, prettily reflecting in the moon and I rolled. Rubbing my back on the grass, heartily laughing as my legs kicked into the air and I scratched. Oh, I scratched well, till soon my pelt was muddied when I sat up. My laughter ceased, and simply I watched. That stars lit up the sky, galaxies splattered across the pitch canvas and I wondered how beautiful it much be to stand upon the moon and look down on our planet. I longed for wings, wings could take me higher than my horns but even though the Pegasus’ could reach limits I never could, they could never reach the limits I wanted to achieve.

My goals were beyond the limits of my mind. I didn’t yet know what I wanted to see because who has any idea of what we don’t know? I question the boundaries of our confinements and wonder what it’s like to be a star.

ooc: Experimenting with writing:3
tags: 

Under this pressure, under this weight
We are diamonds taking shape

Messages In This Thread
Sky Full of Stars - by Atlaas - 10-26-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Leonidas - 10-30-2019, 05:25 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Atlaas - 10-31-2019, 02:00 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Leonidas - 11-05-2019, 05:27 AM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Atlaas - 11-06-2019, 04:58 PM