Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - {Fall} Is Every Goodbye a True Goodbye?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel chose to gloss over the accusation of a deeper relationship between her and Sol with a shrug and explination - whether her sister believed her or not was another story. Bel's belief in their relationship was strong, less because there was no attraction: and more because she was not in any way ready for a romantic entanglement - at least not right now. Her mind didn't seem wired towards it just yet, to carefree and eager to see the world, and to meet new people. There was time for romance later - right now she wanted to focus on her sister and her return.

She'd felt a desperate light heat beneath her fluke as her sister made to leave. It had spurred her forward with a heavy heart of fear that should Polar take off, she might never see her again, that this time good by could be forever. Her body collided with her sisters with more force than intended, but the true strength lay in the firm embrace she pulled Polar towards her for. She could feel her sister quivering, her body quaking against her own, and Bel firmed herself, letting herself be the strong and steady one for her sister this time, even as she pressed her face more firmly into her sister's shoulder, afraid to loosen her hold least Polar disappear again.

The familiar nickname almost had Bel recoiling, having not heard it in so many years, her nickname sung on her sister's muzzle, caressing the air between them. She looked towards the little pup now grown up as she finally began to talk, her words squeezing Bel's heart more firmly than before. Her eyes shut when her sister spoke of sharks circle from below the ice, and of the hooves from those that came to rescue her - of wanting to go home . . . . but . . . Shard. Bel's face twisted in a mixture of anger and despair at the mention of the stallion who had once been her closest friend. He had once been a huge part of her world, and now it was his actions, spurred by bitterness; that had separated the sisters and had Bel leaving the Pod forever.

Her sister spoke of returning, telling her that she was gone . . . and what Pol had thought, and of her meeting another to travel with, how sorry she was, how she didn't blame her, she wasn't angry, she . . . had missed her.
Below Zero pulled her sister in closer as she let her own breath even, her body relax to encourage her sister to do the same, "I've missed you too, Polar. More than I can say." She whispered against her sister's dorsal, her own words explaining her disappearance from the pod soon after, "I couldn't bare it . . . staying with the Pod. I left two days after we. . . . walked away from you. I had tried to go back to where I had last seen you . . . but . . . I couldn't get my barrings. I don't remember how long I swam for, desperate to find you if I could . . . ." She didn't go into detail, of no food or water, just endless searching.

"I've been in Novus for a while now, however, making home in the Dusk Courts, when Asterion was still the triton of those waters . . . er, land. " She added after a momennt, both to help fill in the time gap as well as to let her sister know where she stayed now. She paused then before stepping back to look at her sister, before pressing her forehead to Polar's, "I'm so sorry Polar, for everything that happened after that fateful attack . . . But I promise, I will never abandon you again. If youu so much as scream my name, I will come running. I lost you once, I won't have it happen again." She couldn't bare it if it did.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Polar North
Notes:: T.T

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: {Fall} Is Every Goodbye a True Goodbye? - by Below Zero - 02-09-2020, 07:49 PM