Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - from ancient parchment

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

strangeness and
charm
Thankfully, it seems the man knows exactly what she's talking about and, even better, exactly where to find it. Corr follows him after he points to the section and looks on eagerly. The architecture here is astounding, she's even amazed by the staircase they walk up on to get to the section of shelves. There is another fox-like creature managing the items on the shelves as well.

As he sifts through one of the titles, she admires their ancient look. They had books back in Astreas, but only to keep track of the constellations and zodiac signs. There was not much on history since that was passed down through the generations as oral stories. They were at least good at preserving their history in that way, but having everything written down is useful too.

The man comments on how her title is a mouthful and it makes Corr laugh. "Yes, I suppose it is, but I have to make sure all the important information is right front and center!" she says, feeling satisfied with herself. Being the resident witch and psychic simply were her namesake, she wouldn't be herself without them.

He hands her the book he was inspecting and she reads the spine- Old Gods and Old Stories. Well, it certainly matched the look; the book surely had seen better days. The man- who introduces himself as Andras- seems content that this holds the information she needs and she begins flipping through the pages excitedly.

"Well, Just Warden," she begins to say, holding back a laugh at her terrible joke. "I appreciate your help. I would've been wandering in here for hours if you hadn't shown up! Thank you."

Corr begins reading, or at least starts skimming. Having others in the room makes it hard for her to focus. She gets a general start on Tempus right in the beginning section and is amazed at her findings.

"Wow, so Tempus created the land of Novus and can also manipulate time. The island makes a little more sense now," she says to Andras, or maybe more to herself if the man isn't paying attention. "I don't know if you visited it but at one point, the forest kept shifting through all four seasons within seconds. Then time completely stopped for most of the summer and the sun never set, both on the island and off. It was crazy!"

The woman reads a little further in, but still feels too distracted. She looks up at Andras with pleading eyes. "Is it… possible for me to borrow this? I promise to bring it back. I just want to study it a little more back home." Corr feels bad for asking, but hopes it might not be a problem. The last thing she wants is to offend anyone in the Court. She hasn't been acquainted with many from Delumine, so for all she knows it could be outside of their customs.

@Andras I'm SO sorry for the long wait ;_;
"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
from ancient parchment - by Corrdelia - 11-29-2019, 12:02 PM
RE: from ancient parchment - by Andras - 12-01-2019, 11:14 PM
RE: from ancient parchment - by Corrdelia - 12-04-2019, 11:44 PM
RE: from ancient parchment - by Andras - 12-10-2019, 03:21 PM
RE: from ancient parchment - by Corrdelia - 12-21-2019, 11:51 PM
RE: from ancient parchment - by Andras - 01-02-2020, 03:34 PM
RE: from ancient parchment - by Corrdelia - 01-09-2020, 11:22 PM